“Paella!”

Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: North Ironbound
Reviewed October 16, 2017 via mobile

Hands down best paella in iron bound! Please try this place! It's old fashioned and could use a face lift but service is impeccable. One paella is enough for 3-4 people. Decent wine list. Good for big groups.

2  Thank Dayra f

Reviewed September 20, 2017

An enjoyable intimate dining experience. The owner takes great pride to ensure every diner has a positive experience. Terrific Paella and Sangria.

2  Thank robO6976MX
Reviewed September 14, 2017 via mobile

My wife and I were in the area. Decided to eat out. Checked the TripAdvisor app and found this place. Decided to check it out based on the reviews.

Definitely, the reviews are correct... This is a wonderful place to eat. Staff is super friendly and professional. They attend to you without being a nuisance, just the right amount of attention.

We were not very hungry, and went for the paella (for one person, we were going to share). They served complementary soup, bread.. The paella was so big and full of seafood, that three or four persons could easily be fed.

Positives: excellent staff

Negative : not sure, still thinking about it...

3  Thank Landalf01
Reviewed September 4, 2017

We have eaten at Casa Vasca several times over the years. This last visit was with friends we eat out with every few months. The restaurant is old school, cozy, a bit off the beaten track and delicious. They bring a big pot of soup and serve you at table before your choices arrive. Appetizers are not really necessary but we did share some clams and other small appetizers. I then had rabbit, which I order whenever it is on the menu. The rabbit was served in a tomato sauce with some roasted potato. One of our friends had a beautiful whole fish served on a bed of lettuce. The service is very attentive and friendly. I look forward to our next visit. Husband shared with a bottle of red wine and I shared a pitcher of sangria. I couldn't finish the rabbit so I took it home for another meal. A perfect evening.

3  Thank dapurdon
Reviewed August 8, 2017 via mobile

Authentic Basque meals. Specialities of house include seafood, camarones, veal , paella . Good wines. Reasonable prices. Maria has been hostess in Ironbound section of Newark, NJ for more than 30 years.

1  Thank Edmund L

Been to Casa Vasca? Share your experiences!