“True Spanish Fare” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Casa Vasca

Casa Vasca
Ranked #6 of 566 Restaurants in Newark
Cuisines: Seafood, European, Spanish
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: North Ironbound
Montville, NJ
“True Spanish Fare”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2013

We've been here to eat several times and the atmosphere although quite similar to other Portuguese restaurants in Iron Bound Newark, is not typical in the food it serves. The feel is very family owned and the food is simply the closest to the region my family is from in the north of Spain. Prices are a little more than some other restaurants but well worth it in quality. The restaurant is separated by one wall with the old school Spanish/Portuguese bar on one side and the dining area on the other. We know you'll enjoy the atmosphere, food and amazingly, their own space to park your car! If you are familiar with Iron Bound, you'll know this is priceless when you have a reservation and your hungry. Enjoy!

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank EliasVS

“What A Surprise!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

I was recommended to come here from a regular customer that lives across the street. I was at first thinking it was going to be like any regular restaurant that I have been to in Manhattan. Boy was I surprised. My table was not ready upon getting there, but the hostess and owner asked me to wait in the bar area. What a great idea!! The bartenders were super helpful and friendly and even changed the tv channel for us to watch the basketball game. How great was that?! Never has that happened.

Upon going into the dining room area we had a huge appetite and boy did we eat. The portions were more than we expected. The pulpo was amazing! The chorizo and shrimp and garlic to die for. I could not believe when we got the check how reasonable it was. I will definitely go back. We were only a party of 4 but I would definitely recommend the place to more colleagues of mine. 100% worth it.

4 Thank SteveTravels365
Livingston, Montana
“Basque food Unusual”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

Ourstanding food, service and value. Have run group events here. Couldnt be a better deal. Everyone took food home. Parking right next door and liquor licence too. Downside: people dont always like going to Newark. Otherwise seems safe.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank ritafcohen
“decent seafood”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2012

Not a great restaurant, but decent. Don't order beef, tasteless. The octopus with shrimp was very good. They cook paella with parboil rice instead of spanish rice. Must work for most, but if you are a connoisseur of spanish cuisine, you will not like their paella.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Pappatequisto
New Jersey
“Favorite Spanish Restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2012

A little crowded and on weekends a little hectic but well worth the hassle.The food is excellent and the quantities unbelievabel. I get a paella and I can eat for three days. The service is a little rushed but very professional.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank ramgil

Been to Casa Vasca? Share your experiences!