“Real Southern Food”

Je's Restaurant
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: Newark Central Business District
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Love the mac-n-cheese, 'nana puddin, and the corn bread. Feels like the Carolinas. Prices are high, but it's cheaper than flying to Charlotte.

There are newer reviews for Je's Restaurant

Reviewed October 19, 2012

My husband and i freguently eat breakfast/brunch at Je's on Sunday mornings after church. We have never been dissapointed with the service or food.
The servers, especially Tracey and Lucy, are some of friendliest most attentive servers you will find in any restaurant as busy as this.
And did i mention the food? The food is always cooked to perfection - Eggs, pancakes, grits, turkey sausage etc are always cooked exactly the way that we ask. And, the few times we ate dinner we were just as happy. Try the bar b q beef ribs - mmm mmm good.
The only problem at Je's is that the food is so good and the restaurant so popular that if you arrive after 11:30am on a Sunday morning you will probably have to wait for a table. But believe me, it is worth the wait.
Also, the tables are very close together, but who cares!

Reviewed June 30, 2012

This is the go to spot when you need a soul food fix

Reviewed June 24, 2012

I stepped in this city treasure for breakfast and it was filled with the local who's who. Sometimes you can see Booker, or Baraka, or some other name in here, and that's what makes it a hot item. The food is decent Southern flair, but I'm a descendant of Louisiana fabulosity so the food aiight. I'll go again because it makes a great diner experience. I suggest they stay open later, and add some healthier options. We all don't want to eat heart attacks every meal.

Reviewed June 16, 2012

Yams and collard greens are delicious! Reminds me of going to grandma's house for Sunday dinner. Portions are generous and service is smooth. My friend had the smothered pork chop and mac and cheese - good too.