“6/14/2014 visit”

New Jersey Performing Arts Center
Ranked #2 of 41 things to do in Newark
Reviewed July 2, 2014

I got front row seats to see El Gran Combo. I've been dreaming about this since I was 9. The ushers didn't do a good enough job keeping drunk obnoxious people from other sections running to the stage and trying to interact with the band as they sang and danced. If I could buy $20 tickets and get out of my seat and watch from $120 ticket seats then it negates the purpose of orchestra/VIP/premium tickets. I got a call from an employee a week later soliticing donations so I can become a sponsor. I explained my recent experience and disappointment and her reply was "that's to be expected. That's everywhere you go. Orchestra seats are never a good idea to see a performance. " one word-WOW!

The venue is clean and beautiful. The security was great and I felt safe walking to my car that I parked at the adjacent garage.

1  Thank Ariaceliz O
"new jersey"
in 21 reviews
"across the street"
in 14 reviews
"great place to see a show"
"easy parking"
"plenty of parking"
in 9 reviews
"great location"

Reviewed June 18, 2014

Been here twice in the past few months. Traveled from NYC, The first time by train, Didn't like the environment surrounding the neighborhood during the half mile walking from the train to the Performing Arts Center, plenty of Homeless sleeping and aggressively panhandling . Second time took the car, Great choice, plenty of parking for fifteen dollars if you buy online in advance other wise 16 to 19 dollars. Lots are fenced and patrolled by security. Eat before you get here! Only one restaurant, plenty expensive, The center has only three stands and the stands only sell soft drinks,wines, mixed drinks, chips and small turkey/roast beef wraps, If you buy something you have to eat standing or at you seat in the Arts center. The inside is really nice, although I sat pretty close to the stage I don't think there is a bad seat in the place. The Performing arts center, is beautiful, it is Clean, Dry and well lit. I would recommend this place.

1  Thank Klammer2014
Reviewed June 16, 2014

Absolutely wonderful performance,Johnny has not lost a step. great comedian for intermission who knew the audience & did a great job of playing to the crowd. great sound quality at NJPAC. Love this venue

Reviewed June 2, 2014

NJPAC is a large beautiful auditorium which showcases theatre as well as concerts. I saw a classical evening production. The acoustics are a very high standard. It is kept spotless and it is very well run.

1  Thank jeremy t