“Wonderful Theatre”

New Jersey Performing Arts Center
Ranked #1 of 42 things to do in Newark
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Each time I visited I found the shows to be impeccable. I always had a good seat and a good time was had by all.

Reviewed December 22, 2012

Combine easy access, close parking, reasonable pricing and outstanding entertaining featuring something for everyone, roll them into a fairly new venue, and what do you get. . . . NJPAC.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

A lot of first-rate acts perform at NJPAC at prices comparable to NYC, ie Alvin Ailey, Joshua Bell. Great acoustics, large but intimate space, immaculate, well run. I like supporting Newark without having to be at the Prudential Center. Right off McCarter Highway, unfortunately you have to pay for parking. Tip: do your homework on nearby restaurants before you go, and make a longer outing. Not far from the Ironbound with its Portuguese and Spanish restaurants.

Reviewed December 5, 2012

I took my two daughters, then 8 and 10, to see Fiddler on the Roof at the NJPAC. We arrived in plenty of time, got to our seats, and before the show began, I took the girls to the bathroom which was very close to our box. The line was so long, it took forever for us to get through. When we were finished, we tried to re-enter our box, and the guard would not allow it because the show had begun. I explained that we would not be interfering with any of the other patrons, as we were the only ones in our box and it was immediately after the doors to the theatre. Also, that the bathroom line is what made us late. She didn't care and was downright mean to my girls. They were forced to watch the entire first scene on a puny bar TV with terrible quality--you could barely make out the scene at all. I brought my girls here thinking that it would be "easier" than going into Manhattan for a broadway show, and in all our years, we have had wonderful service on Broadway, with never this type of treatment. Needless to say, we have never been back and never will.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

The acoustics are outstanding and a pin drop can be heard from anywhere in the grand hall. World class acts past thru and if you are a fan go for it. Parking is relatively inexpensive compared to NY and there are so many dining options nearby in the Ironbound section of Newark.