“Great Food”

Neighborhood: North Ironbound
Elizabeth, New Jersey
“Great Food”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

We ate at "Spanish Sangria" yesterday. The food was outstanding for starters we had the shrimp in garlic sauce "Cameron's al ajillo" we ordered the paella marinara which was sumptuous and had lots of shrimp etc.,
The white sangria was very good. Overall dinner was awesome. Would recommend and for sure we will return.

Visited October 2013
2 Thank LLeon56374

Elizabeth, New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best in Newark”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Went back to Sangria after being out of the country for 2 years. I am familiar with all the Portuguese/Spanish restaurants in the area and by far here is where I can have the best meal. I went with a group of 4 friends and order 3 appetizers (shrimp in garlic, clams casino and stuffed mushrooms) they were excellent specially the clams. For my main course I share the Fillet mignon and a sea bass with my friend. Both were cook to perfection, the fish was just amazing. We had Sangria, which is the best I ever had, and the home made flan for dessert. The prizes are amazing, the service was good and very tentative, even one of the owners came twice to the table and offered some suggestions to us. The place was pack at the bar, of course it was a Friday night. I really recommend this restaurant and I am really glad that I am back in Jersey to enjoy their food again.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank rodriguez196021
New York City, New York
“Excellent”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

I went to Spanish Sangria for my birthday this past November and I have to say the day couldn't have ended more nicely. The food was so delicious. We ordered 2 stuffed lobsters with some garlic shrimp on the side and it was great. Seasoned to perfection. The sangria was made perfectly. The restaurant was nice and spacious. I highly recommend.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank tammyfierce
Youngstown, Ohio
“This is the real deal of spanish food sooo worth it to go!”
Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

I was staying at a hotel nearby and was looking for proper reviews in a good place to eat and I found Spanish sangria it was 1 of the best results and also best Spanish food that I have ever had the atmosphere was very friendly in the owner came around to give everybody some cured meat which were excellent the waiters and were very attentive and it was a very nice place very clean and very well maintained put together I would definitely go back again it was a very nice restaurant and it was also a bargain in the fish and everything else was excellent

1 Thank bill k
Kearny, New Jersey
“What happened?”
Reviewed August 9, 2012

I have dined here several times. My husband's firehouse has had their Christmas parties there because we have recommended them. We dined there two nights ago and I was so disappointed. I ordered Grilled Jumbo Shrimp. The shrimp were small. They were about two inches from tip to tail. I have dined at many Spanish/Portuguese restaurants and know that there was no way they were jumbo. I wasn't expecting prawns but this was ridiculous. My husband ordered boneless chicken in garlic sauce and that was very dry. The fried calamari was good. Our desserts were good. We didn't get a chance to finish the lattes because they were so hot there was no way you can drink them. I like my coffee hot but even after putting an ice cube in it we still couldn't finish it. Definitely was ashamed to have spent $95 on dinner and not enjoy it. Needeless to say, my husband called the firehouse and we won't be having our party there this year.

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank sand g

Been to Spanish Sangria? Share your experiences!