New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Spanish Sangria

Spanish Sangria
Ranked #126 of 562 Restaurants in Newark
Cuisines: Seafood, Spanish
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: North Ironbound
Mainesburg
“Never disappointed”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012

I had been to this restaurant many times, and each time was not disappointed. The staff were pleasant, and service good. The only draw back were that tables were close together and some of the other patrons were rude, loud and constantly on their cellphones.
The shrimp in garlic sauce was my favorite as well as the sangria. I've moved out of the area, but if I were visiting the area, I would go back.

• Visited September 2011
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Carol P

“Returning after eight years”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2012 via mobile

Our experience was so outstanding that I searched out the place, all the way from South Carolina.

We just happened upon the place and walked through the bar to get to the dining room.

Ignore the creepy neighborhood, the folks inside are muy simpático .

1 Thank Izzyandal
“very good seafood place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2011

1 of the better seafood places I've been to the fish was cooked to perfection the sangria taste great highly recommended

1 Thank smacker2
Chatham, New Jersey
“Amazing Restaurant"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2011

I have been going to Spanish Sangria for 18 years I love it, the food is amazing, service is great, and the prices are very reasonable. I highly recommend it.

• Visited July 2011
Union, NJ
“Disappointed and embarrassed along with "I Got Caught"”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2011

After 25 years of good food and great atmosphere I can no longer eat at this restaurant. I brought my family from out of town to eat and we had to leave within the first 10 minutes. Poor hygiene practices and a flip attitude from management is enough to keep us away permanently. What a shame! BEWARE! If you are brave enough to eat there. Keep your eyes open. You may question yourself when things are done right in front of your eyes and the behavior is so candid. Nasty still remains NASTY..........

Visited May 2011