“Bring an appetite”

Cuisines: Portuguese, Spanish
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: North Ironbound
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Our group of five came for dinner and we were all thrilled. The portions are huge. I had the Octopus, Portuguese style. This is charbroiled and smothered with peppers and onions with potatoes and veggie. It could have been enough for 2 and is so good that you just keep eating. had sangria with it and this also was large. If in the area again I would surely come back

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (226)

Reviewed August 31, 2019 via mobile

We had dinner with over 30,people and I sat down waiting for buffet to be ready and no one came to our table for water of soda,very dissapointed with this restaurant.

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed July 17, 2019 via mobile

My wife and I attended the ELO concert at Prudential Center last night. After parking near the venue we read some reviews to find someplace to eat before the show. We knew that there was plenty of good Spanish restaurants in the area, we first thought about trying the restaurant in in the venue but based on bad reviews we decided to starting walking a few blocks to where the restaurants are. The first 3 restaurant's we stopped at were booked up because of the show . We then made our way to Iberia, we were told that all the tables were all booked up , but we could sit at the bar and eat and drink there. We grabbed the last 2 seats at the bar. We ordered a pitcher of sangria right away, it was very hot outside and we were thirsty and tired from walking around in the heat. The sangria hit the spot!! We decided to eat light, we ordered some appetizers, mussels, shrimp and garlic, and fried calamari. All very good. We were talking to a couple sitting next to us who also were going to the concert, they had the seabass and a dish with shellfish and pork they said it was very good. I would definitely recommend this restaurant, I would just try to pick out a less busy night.

Date of visit: July 2019
Reviewed July 4, 2019 via mobile

My heritage is Portuguese and always wanted authentic food. My husband and and another couple finally made the trip to Iberia... the food was delicious! Sangria was amazing.

Date of visit: July 2019
Reviewed May 7, 2019 via mobile

I visited the Iberia Peninsula once again in Newark, NJ for a casual dinner with friends. This is a Portuguese Restaurant and the food is great.
I always order the Seafood Paella with Sangria but it comes with a house salad and plenty of fresh bread.
The staff is very good and they speak English too.
My last visit I had the Fried Seafood Platter and I had to take half of it home.
I really enjoy taking my friends there. Sometimes I’ll call ahead and have my order for take out.

Date of visit: May 2019

Been to Iberia Peninsula Restaurant? Share your experiences!