“excellent”

Cuisines: Portuguese, Spanish
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Newark Central Business District
Reviewed January 15, 2014

This restaurant is a excellent place for the whole family. We had a party of 35. 12 of them being kids the wait staff was couteous and very patient with the large group. Even after all the spills and excitement from the kids. The food was very good and the steak was extremely large it feeds 2. It is like a Spanish steak house. I'd definitly go back

Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

Had shrimp entree which was plentiful and very good for about $15.
Disappointed in service as plenty of staff but more interested in talking to themselves then waiting tables. This place needs some updating as it is dated.

1  Thank golfer6666
Reviewed December 1, 2013

As I spent a weekend in Newark, thought my family deserved to experience the place my aunt and uncle took me to when I was young. This place has not changed a bit. Went with my parents, wife and two kids. Meal was too large and incredible to know where to begin. Th apps were all on point, with the sangria as wel. Chorizo and mussels were the hit with shrimp and oysters close behind. Paella was the best my wife has ever had. The shrimp and garlic was the best my dad has had. I had an incredible veal chop. Even my critical children loved the food, and left full. With dessert, bill came to 300 ....well worth it. Also had a bottle of wine. If in sea, or close, this place shouldn't be missed. Incredible Spanish food. Suggest reservation for pArties more than 4. Saw people waiting, we had reservations...thank the lord.

Reviewed November 21, 2013

Have been there multiple times. Always excellent . All the food is excellent but I definitely recommend the paella. Serving for 2 will feed 3 or 4. Its huge.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

Have been going to Don Pepe's for years. Every wedding anniversary, and special occasion. Have hosted work parties here as well. Awesome food. Have never been disappointed. My FAVORITE is the Red Snapper. The whole fish. AWESOME Stuffed with Crab Meat and shrimp. Can't say enough about the service. Perfect. If you have a couple of hours layover in Newark Airport, please go. You won't be disappointed.

Their soups are fantastic. Appetizers are great. Wine, drinks, (THE SANGRIA). Can't say enough.