TripAdvisor
Post
Inbox
Search
1,055 results
All reviews living area sofa bed yogurt free breakfast the breakfast area google maps would stay here again nice breakfast new jersey air train shuttle service an early flight mini fridge indoor pool newark liberty every half hour stayed here for one night
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I had an excellent experience, from Martin who picked me up via shuttle from the airport to the front desk staff on all shifts during my stay. I found the service and amenities to be consistent with the excellence I have come to expect from the Spring Hill Marriott suites.

Room tip: Good place to stay if you need easy access to the Newark Airport.
Date of stay: September 2019
SH N, Manager at SpringHill Suites Newark Liberty International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

We are incredibly grateful that you took the time out to leave us this note. Our company values put customer satisfaction as top priority and we are committed to our customers. Its customers like you that make our job wonderful. We look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Marriott's SpringHill brand are all suites hotels most rooms are large min suites and very comfortable. This airport property fulfills all the comfurt and services you expect, The included buffet breakfast was very satisfying and would plese most. The shuttle to EWR ran often and the terminals were only minutes away.

1  Thank Misterchk

Reviewed September 15, 2019 via mobile

Took advantage of a Groupon deal and booked this hotel. Our GPS had no problem locating and navigating us there. Staff were friendly. Rooms are clean. Came with breakfast included. Close to the airport. If you’re looking to leave your car and Uber/Lift into NYC, it’ll cost anywhere between $40-80, depending on time of day; still beats driving and paying for parking. For the rate we paid, we would stay again.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
SH N, Manager at SpringHill Suites Newark Liberty International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2019

Reviewed September 14, 2019

My wife and I stayed three nights at SpringHill Suites to break a journey from Manchester England to Los Angeles. We were able to go to places in NYC we had not visited previously, via the air train from the airport to Manhattan.

The hotel shuttle from airport area P4 arrived a quarter to and a quarter past the hour, as previous reviewers have noted. We arrived at 1.30 in the morning after a 12-hour flight delay but the shuttle arrived promptly , even in these early hours.

Check in was friendly and welcoming and the clerk gave us each a bottle of water, as we looked so shattered.The room was large generally well appointed. It would have scored 5/5 but for the absence of a kettle, knives, forks etc and some crockery. Surely these are inexpensive and would have made the accommodation much more flexible?

Breakfast was very good with a wide range of tasty options. The hotel had large coach touring parties the time we stayed, but everyone got a seat and staff ensured the options were replenished. The hotel has a small range of food options for purchase 24/7 in the lobby. We saw other guests ordering take away food from nearby restaurants, via the reception desk.

The hotel reception staff were always welcoming and friendly. The hotel offers a safety deposit box service which was helpful. Also, we were able to print our airline boarding passes in the computer room available to guests.

Reviewed September 12, 2019

I am a long time Marriott Rewards Member who has recently been transitioned to Marriott Bonvoy. I always go through Marriott Rewards/Bonvoy to book hotels, but due to personal reasons I had to use a third party site to book my hotel for one day this week. Unfortunately, the room was booked for Monday when I actually needed the hotel for Tuesday. Upon my arrival the front desk attendant told me my room was booked for the wrong day, and after further inquiry I was told my payment for the room was forfeited and I would have to call the third party site about my refund. However they had plenty of availability that evening. That said, as a Marriott Bonvoy member, I booked a room under my Rewards number for 50% more than what I originally paid so that I may have room. As the mistake was on my end, the price increase wasn’t an issue for me.
Once my room was booked I called the third party site. The representative on the phone was very accommodating and they said they would call the Marriott location, SpringHill Suites by Marriott Newark Liberty International, to see about a refund since they were the ones to accept my money. As a Marriott Bonvoy member with much recent history and not far from the next tiered level, I thought I would have no problem getting refunded, especially since I am paying 50% more to Marriott direct on the room I just booked. I could not be more wrong!
I went down to the front desk to ensure the third party site was calling, and they did. However, the Assistant General Manager working Tuesday night refused the refund. I was perplexed! They have my loyalty as a member and 50% more for the room I booked for the evening, and he still refused to refund me. After this disappointing news I called the Bonvoy customer service line. The representative said he had no power in getting my refund and I had to talk to SpringHill Suites by Marriott Newark Liberty International direct to refund the money. I told him I had issues with them refunding, but he repeated the same message with no additional suggestions to solve the issue. Needless to say this was upsetting because I thought the point of any customer service line is to help customers in such cases.
I finally went back downstairs to talk to the manager directly. He made me wait 30 minutes before he came out and addressed me. Once I had already waited 15 minutes I asked the front desk if the manager knows he has a customer waiting. I was told he was talking to corporate about my refund. I of course responded, “Well that is not possible. They told me they have no power to issue refunds.” The front desk attendant had no response, but I told her I would wait further. She then went to the back again, no doubt to talk to the Assistant General Manager again.
Finally, after 30 minutes the manager emerged from his office. I asked him why he would not refund a loyal customer’s money based on an in house policy after I already paid extra for another room. He gave me a series of excuses beginning with my status, of which he had no access to seeing at his own admission, to checking how many times I stayed at THEIR hotel, and ending with my using a third party for this one and only reservation. The main take away is, he had full control over whether I got a refund or not, he just refused to issue it. As a resolution, he offered a “friends and family rate” for my evening. It was late and I had nowhere to go, and I can’t risk them not refunding yet another room, so I said nothing and accepted it.
In addition, I asked the front desk attendant if I can check my bags into the front desk after I check out the next morning, then pick them up on the way to the airport as I did not want to carry them around to all my client appointments. I was told, “Yes, just drop them off and we’ll give you a claim ticket.” Well, I guess none of that was true. I asked to check my bags and I was quickly turned away. They didn’t even ask if I was a rewards member or offered any other solution. So, I had to embarrassingly drag FOUR bags to all of my client appointments that day thanks to SpringHill Suites by Marriott Newark Liberty International.
There are a few take aways from this situation as far as I am concerned. First, the Marriott Bonvoy customer service number appears to be powerless for any real issues. Secondly, if left to the local hotel, they will default to being opportunistic, collecting money for their own location over caring about Marriott Bonvoy customers. This makes me wonder why I bother being a member, particularly when they won’t do the simple basic service of even keeping a couple bags for a few hours as loyalty program member.
The moral of the story…customer loyalty to Marriott Bonvoy is us collecting days for the hope of possibly redeeming it for a free day here and there, whereas I thought true customer loyalty is being customer centric and making fair decisions on behalf of your customers. What good is a loyalty program when they let you down when you need them the most…or in this case, need them to be fair. I left feeling like Marriott double dipped on a room because they had the unique opportunity to, and as far as loyalty program business travelers, they could care less about the difficulties and rigors of life on the road for us. I guess seeing their business travelers dragging their bags from appointment to appointment is just fine with them, no need to go the extra mile to extend a service they do everyday.
That said, I will too no longer go the extra mile…to patronize Marriott Bonvoy or any Marriott affiliate locations. I guess losing a loyal member over $145 and watching a couple bags is what Marriott Bonvoy calls, “Totally worth it!”

• Trip type: Traveled on business
SH N, Manager at SpringHill Suites Newark Liberty International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2019

We are extremely sorry to hear about this, and even more sorry to disappoint a customer. Next time, please walk right up a manager and voice your concerns. We'd like to make sure that such mistakes don't happen again. Please reach out to us on call or by email. We want hear all about your concerns and address them in the most suitable way. We look forward to hearing from you. Your feedback makes us better.