SpringHill Suites Newark Liberty International Airport
Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Newark
San Francisco, California
“Wonderful stay”
Reviewed June 5, 2014

Excellent hotel with very comfortable rooms and beds. Clean and fresh. We had a room with 2 doubles and a sofa bed and it was enough space for 5 people. The buffet breakfast was a plus. Got busy during the weekend but was OK. Just kind of difficult to get to from Newark Liberty Airport but once I found the way it was fine. Very close to New York City and other tourist attractions. I like the fact that it is away from the busy city. You do need a car to get around but the PENN NEWARK Train Station is nearby which will take you to New York City. The staff was very nice and courteous. Will definitely stay here again in the future.

Room Tip: We were on the 5th floor facing the freeway. It really wasn't noisy at all but you could hear th...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank ajandanth .
Emma S, Guest Relations Manager at SpringHill Suites Newark Liberty International Airport, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the great review of our hotel!

I am happy to see we were able to take care of your needs and that your stay was enjoyable overall.

We look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in the Newark area.

Emma S

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
Tunkhannock, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 30, 2014

We had a very nice room. Comfy bed, sleeper sofa and a nice bathroom. The room was clean and they helped us find a place to deliver dinner. We had to leave for the airport before breakfast but it was great to be able to catch the shuttle and leave our car.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mocha930
ontario
Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

Check in was prompt and pleasant ~ received a welcome bag with popcorn and a bottle of water, nice touch.

Had a king size room with a sleeper sofa and a kitchenette. Room was clean and well maintained. Bed was comfortable with crisp linens and a light duvet blanket but lumpy pillows.

Breakfast was included ~ the standard fare but hot and fresh.

Good location, clean, friendly, comfy rooms, good rates!

Yes, I would return!

Stayed May 2014
Glen Cove, New York
Reviewed May 25, 2014

This hotel is right by the Newark airport, and also right off the highway, easy to access! From the moment you arrive you can tell the staff is focused on customer service. Friendly check in, very attentive breakfast attendant, and even a follow up email from management after I checked out to ensure everything was satisfactory. Would stay here again if I'm in the area!

• Stayed May 2014
united states
Reviewed May 18, 2014

Hey, you know, what do you do? It's close to the airport but a long drive with all the loops and turns and easy miss turns to get to the middle of the highway where the hotel is - not kidding. When you get there the parking is free but so is the illustrious gagging smoke in the room. Huge bummer. Got a new room from the front desk. Thanks. But, hey, there was a couch. Breakfast was so "meh" I skipped it entirely.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Mikolt B, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Newark Liberty International Airport, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Dear Tons0miles,
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent visit to the SpringHill Suites, Newark Liberty. I am disappointed to hear of the issues that you encountered and can assure you that they are certainly not typical of the high standards we set for ourselves in these regards; no guestroom should have an odor of smoke. We take guestroom cleanliness and repair very seriously and work hard to ensure a problem free experience for each of our guests; with that being said, admittedly, we sometimes fall short. I apologize sincerely for any inconvenience created by the issues that you encountered.
Regards,
SHSDOS
Reviewed May 16, 2014 via mobile

We stayed for one night before our flight. When we came back in our car battery was dead and the manager, andrew was a massive help in getting our car going again. Fast service, large rooms with great amenities, very quiet and very clean. Great hotel but most of all Andrews kindness towards us was simply unbelievable. If I owned a hotel in Newark I would try everything I could to get that guy to work for me :-)
Absolutely wonderful experience.

Stayed May 2014
5 Thank Noelswe
Shreveport, Louisiana
Reviewed May 10, 2014

I stayed here for one night last week as I needed to be close to the airport for a late meeting and then a morning flight. I had a car service take me to the hotel and I gave the driver the instructions that were sent via email and coming from the turnpike we didn't have any issues finding the place. I was checked in by a friendly gentleman who gave me a room away from the elevator, but it was still a bit noisy since it was facing the highway end of the hotel. Even leaving the fans on, I didn't sleep well since I kept hearing loud trucks go by. I'd ask for a room on the other end of the hall if you are a light sleeper.

The room itself was you standard SHS room, it was clean with desk, sofa and bed and mini kitchenette. As a loyalty member I was given a mini bottle of water and popcorn as a welcome gift. With the fridge and microwave you can take advantage of this. The bathroom separates the sink and shower/toilet area and the shower heated up quickly and had good pressure. The bathroom amenities worked well. The bed wasn't great, it was a little lumpy and I felt like the comforter was a bit lighter than I liked, but it worked. One of the really nice features in the room was the plug-in for USB that is built into the clock so you can charge your phone or tablet without searching for a wall outlet.

I had breakfast in the morning which was average with eggs, sausage, fruit, yogurt, cereals, juice and tea and a few items like cheese and meat and pastries for a more European style breakfast. Since AirTran is down until Sept, the shuttle drops off right at the terminal which takes way less time than getting to the hotel from the airport as you have to go to P4 via the airport bus and then catch the shuttle to the hotel. The shuttle leaves the hotel on the hour and half hour so plan accordingly. Overall it was convenient for what I needed and a much better deal than the Marriott that is right within the airport.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Mikolt B, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Newark Liberty International Airport, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Dear Jennifer S,
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent visit to the SpringHill Suites, Newark Liberty. Thank you for making note of the many reasons guests choose and then return to our hotel. We strive to provide excellent Customer Service and a wonderful product. Should your travels bring you to our area again, I do hope we will have the pleasure of being your choice of lodging. Thank you again for your feedback. I hope that you will allow us another opportunity in the future to demonstrate the high level of service that our guests have come to expect from the SpringHill Suites, Newark Liberty.
Regards,