“Decent Business Location”

Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Newark
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Decent Business Location”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Good location for business. Rooms are updated and clean. Location is difficult to get to due to roads leading intot the property. The only thing this property needs to change is the way they have thier breakfast laid out. Extremely difficult to manuever and not organized. Other than that issue, good place to stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
Evansville, Indiana
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I stayed here one night prior to a cruise which left from Bayonne. I loved the remodeled rooms. You have a separate setting area which contains couch, desk, and small bar area. New flat screen TV's. Also, liked the sink area outside of the bathroom. Found the king bed to be very comfortable.
Used the fitness center the next morning. Also, they have a business center with computers that is free. The hotel was quiet.
I enjoyed the free breakfast the next morning. Even though the area was busy it was kept very clean. Front desk helpful with check in and they will get a car for you to take you to the cruise port.
I did receive an email a few days before my stay that told me how to find the hotel shuttle from Newark airport. The shuttle was waiting when I got to the area.
Really happy with this hotel.

Room Tip: I was on the second floor and found it very quiet.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
United States
Reviewed October 7, 2013

We really liked this hotel. Rooms are large, nice and clean. The beds were very comfortable.

We stayed here for 3 nights. Perfect as an airport hotel (EWR), but it is also easy to get to Manhattan, which we did every day. Shuttle service is very accurate and runs every 30 minutes, 24/7 without reservations being necessary. It brings you to P4, with easy connection to NJTransit if you want to go to Manhattan (NY Penn station) or to the terminal you need for your departing flight.

The breakfast buffet was free and really good. Plenty of variety, both warm and cold food. It may get a little crowdy and chaotic there.

As for location, we thought it was very convenient, but you should realize that there is absolutely nothing within walking distance. It is wedged in between freeways. It was no problem for us bc we just used the shuttle service.

Other than that: this is a great hotel and I would highly recommend it to everyone.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Lt_Frank_Drebin
Beersheba, Israel
Reviewed October 6, 2013

We had a one night stay coming from the west coast before a long international flight. We got the shuttle from the airport and checked in. Check in was fast, the room is a classic Spring Hill Suites layout with comfortable beds and a small living area. It was clean, comfortable and just what we needed.
The Breakfast the next morning was nice in a spacious lobby area. But as I like to say, it's the people that make a hotel and the people here are very very helpful. They agreed to hold our huge pile of luggage for us while we spent the day in NYC. They even offered to have the shuttle take us directly to the terminal as oppose to station P4 so that we wouldn't have to struggle with our bags on the Air Train. It's these gestures that make you really appreciate a hotel and it's staff. So if you are looking for a place to stay near the airport I strongly recommend this hotel. Thank you for all the help and friendliness. Looking forward to staying here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
California
Reviewed October 3, 2013

This is a good hotel, conveniently located, however a little hard to get to it.
Overall, the guest room met my expectations with the exception that there was no working ventilation system in the bathroom...
I was disappointed that my room requests were not fulfill upon arrival, and I had to spend time making sure I receive what I requested when I booked my reservation.
The breakfast selection was just OK, and I didn't appreciate having to enjoy my breakfast on black paper plates. I expected more than that from a Marriott based hotel.
The shuttle to the airport was OK, but could use some improvement when dealing with customers and punctuality.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank GaeaTraveller
Petah Tiqwa, Israel
Reviewed September 30, 2013

we spent one night in this hotel between flights. we were happy to find that even though it's not a five hotel star, it's a very nicehotel with clean and large suites. the double beds were a bit narrow but comfy. there is a shuttle to/fm the airport every 30 minuetes and a nice continental breakfest, but above all we loved the helpfull and friendly staff in the hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here while in town to attend a wedding at Liberty State Park. We were sent the very detailed directions prior to our arrival so we had no problems finding it. The location was great as it was only about a 10 minute drive for us to get to/from ceremony and reception. Breakfast in the morning was good. Only disappointment was that they don't have the waffle maker out on weekday mornings as we stayed on a Sunday night.

• Stayed September 2013