SpringHill Suites Newark Liberty International Airport
Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Newark
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Third time we are using the Stay,Park, Fly package. We typically get 10-14 days of parking in that package. This time I noted the gate into the parking lot was neutered via duct tape over the ticket dispenser so lot was left open. A concern. Noted, too, the sister properties Courtyard and Fairfield both had functioning parking gates so this property needs to get gate fixed.

On food.. We walked the 200 yards past the Fairfield and ate at the Bistro in the Courtyard. Sandwiches and salads are the main items plus they do serve wine, beer and limited menu of cocktails. $35 for two sandwiches and a gin & tonic. Other than order-in options or microwave meals from the lobby, it is the Bistro.

Some noise from roads, etc, but put the A/C fan on "run" and the "white" noise covers the other road noise.

This hotel really has the key things we need for our travel and it is "fun" to sit in the lobby and hear arrivals from the road talk about finding the hotel's location.

Stayed: September 2013
There are newer reviews for SpringHill Suites Newark Liberty International Airport

Reviewed September 16, 2013

This is a property that goes above and beyond to ensure customer satisfaction. Before I even arrived I received a nice email with very helpful directions and photos on how to easily find the hotel.

Upon arrival, the first thing I noticed was the pleasant surroundings; the lobby colors were modern and cheerful and the furniture looked comfortable. The lobby was busy with a large group, there were two staff members on duty who were friendly and very efficient, they got me checked in with a minimum of delay.

When I got to my room, I noticed that it was an adjoining room in a noisy location; there were several teens having a good time moving back and forth on the floor. I called the front desk and asked for something quieter that did not adjoin another room and was told to come right back downstairs, they'd put me in another room immediately.

The second room was very satisfactory, with modern decor and a nice design; the privacy wall and the living room furnishings really provide a nice divider from the bedroom.

The day after my trip I received another very nice email, this time from the General Manager, Wilson Bravo, asking about my stay.

I would recommend the Springhill Suites Newark as a nice place to stay with very pleasant and professional staff.

It's easy to see why they received a TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 14, 2013

The hotel had a "liquid" feel to it. I love how the paintings and photos depict water and the color scheme look like water. VERY COOL... the Staff is really nice and they do pay attention to detail. I want to say a special "thanks" to Xavier, the breakfast attendant for making my breakfast a little special.... love that Nutella!!! I like the ease of being able to travel to many locations near NJ and the parking is plenty. Next time I won't forget my swimming suit.... look forward to staying with you again...

Reviewed September 12, 2013

We choose this hotel as our base for NY city vacation. The rooms are spacious (they are big !) and comfortable. i was bit spooked with the earlier reviews about finding directions to the hotel, but hotel management has done a good of placing placards (some point to Fairfield or Springhill) along the route to easier navigation.

One thing the hotel can do to improve the experience is to provide a shuttle to Newark Penn Station from where you can board PATH trains which are cheaper to commute to NYC rather than NJ Transit.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

My best friend and I needed a place to stay for a wedding in NYC. NYC was way to expensive and since we were driving, we'd have to consider parking expenses, etc. Our best bet was to stay in Newark, NJ. They had excellent, clean bedroom and bathrooms, spacious, comfy, convenient, best value if booked within a reasonable time frame, excellent breakfast..the list goes on. It was free parking and they had a shuttle going to Newark Intn'l Airport and also to the Penn station in Newark, which takes you to NYC. MY best friend and I had a blast!

Yes, it is hard to find, and I knew this from the reviews written on here..but I just used satellite view ahead of time so I know exactly how to get into the hotel driveway (it is really hidden!). So I would recommend typing toe address on Google Maps and zoon in using satellite view just to see the road entrance leading to the hotel (no street name).

Good luck! It is worth every penny!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank RigelJones
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Great hotel. Large rooms , good breakfast included. Rooms seemed quiet even though very close to airport. Hotel has shuttle to airport . No restaurant on site but front desk had some local restaurant info for deliveres . Only complaint was getting there by car. Even with GPS it was a little hard to get to the hotel when travelling at 60mph. It was a combination of the GPS and the not so great signage on some of the exits on the highways. If you have a GPS I suggest disabling toll roads if you miss the exit for the hotel when heading north. Our gps had us go through 3 toll booths trying to turn us around after missing the exit. Lucky we had an ezpass sensor with our rental car. Except for that I would suggest this hotel if you are going to the Newark airport area.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

Seemed good value for a large room (big enough for 4 of us) close to a major international airport. We arrived late and left early so didn't really see much more than our room and a quick breakfast before catching the free shuttle to the airport.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family