Three of us (2 adults one child age 12) traveled here to visit New York City. Stayed 11 nights. Motel is very close to the Newark airport. Free shuttle service every 30 minutes to the motel from P4 location at airport. The drivers were very courteous and helpful. Motel staff was friendly and very helpful. The rooms were clean comfortable and reasonably spacious. Has microwave and mini fridge. A good free breakfast with several hot items. Has a small indoor pool. In traveling to New York City from the motel their are several viable options depending on the time and money you want to spend.
1. Take the free motel shuttle to the airport. Ride the Airport Airtrain to the Raillink. Take the NJ transit train to New York Penn Station. The cost is $12.50 per adult and $3.50 per child under 11. (However age limit is not strictly enforced). This takes a total of 30 minutes to an hour.
2. Take the shuttle to the airport. Catch New Jersy transit bus #62 at Bus Terminal A, B or C to the Newark Penn Station train station. Shuttle will let you off at any of three terminals. Terminal A is the easiest to get to. The bus is $1.50 per person and I believe $.70 for elderly and children. You must have exact change and I believe $1 bills or coins only. The bus driver will often send you on without requiring payment of the full fare. Once you get to Newark Penn Station take the PATH train into New York City. The PATH train runs either to the World Trade Center or 33rd Street at 6th Avenue. The 33rd street option requires a transfer at Journal Square stop. (takes longer on weekends b/c of extra stop) All trains leaving Newark Penn Station will say World Trade Center regardless of whether or not you are transferring. You will be promped regarding transfers on the intercom. . The cost of the PATH is $2.25 per person. This way takes a total of 1 to 2 hours with probably an average of 1.5 hours.
3. There is also a bus from the Newark Airport directly into New York City ( I can't recall the name but it is yellow on the sides and clearly indicates it provides transport from Newark to New York City. . I believe it goes to the Times Square area. The cost is $16 per person or $28 round trip. I believe kids ride free. You can board the bus at Terminal C in the airport.
4. Cabs directly into New York or to the Newark Penn Station are also available but that option is very expensive.
We used both options 1 and 2. We did not use options 3 or 4 . For speed, convenience and comfort option 1 is preferrable. For price option 2 is the best. I warn you that option 2 requires a positive attitude and you should be prepared for some delays and inconvenience. I will say we always felt safe on the Newark bus even late at night.
We definitely recommend the motel for people visiting New York City who can't afford to or choose not to spend the extra money to stay in New York City ( 2 to 4 times as much) . Obviously the Motel would also be a great option for those looking for a place close to the airport.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Marriott, Orbitz, Hotwire, Odigeo, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your SpringHill Suites Newark Liberty International Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Springhill Suites Newark Liberty International Airport Hotel Newark
- Newark Springhill Suites