WINNER WONDERLAND

“Fun Place” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Dinosaur Bar-B-Que

Dinosaur Bar-B-Que
Reserve with OpenTable
Dinosaur Bar-B-Que is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 562 Restaurants in Newark
Cuisines: American, Bar, Barbecue
Good for: Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Large groups, Kids, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Wayne, New Jersey
“Fun Place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2012

One in Harlem is much better but still a good choice after a concert. I'm a fan of the chicken wings, pulled pork sandwich and the ribs. Everyone working at the restaurant is very nice and the service is always good. It's almost impossible to get a seat before a show so I find myself throwing the kids in the car on the weekends and heading over. It's great that they have a really cheap kids menu that actually has a fair amount of options. They also love the mason jars of lemonade and Ice tea. Good place for families and friends night out.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

• Polish first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Overpriced for undercooked food!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2012 via mobile

While on a date with my girlfriend we ate lunch at Dinosaur BBQ in downtown Newark, and when we finished I was very disappointed. I checked the restaurant's website for the business hours, and saw 11:30am posted as the time of opening. We arrived exactly at 11:30am, and the doors was locked. At 11:32am the doors was still locked, and as we waited outside the employees was off loading food, and beverages from the delivery trucks. We asked one employees if the restaurant is open for business, and he said no. We asked him what time the restaurant opens, and he said 11:30am. We told him it was several minutes passed 11:30, and he was clueless as to what the correct time was. Finally, the doors was unlocked, opened, and was quickly seated at our table. Most of the waiters, and bartenders wore urban-like clothing while serving customers. Out of the 10 employees that I remember working inside only 3 had uniforms, and one had a uniform with a name tag on it. I ordered one appetizer, and two different entrées. Our waiter served us undercooked smoked buffalo wings, but he assured us it was well cooked, and said the sauce makes the meat pink. The smoked beef ribs that I ordered was very fatty, and may have been undercooked too. The meat on well cooked ribs should fall of the bone easily, but these ribs was tough, and chewy. I ate the food anyway. My girlfriend ordered the jerk salmon, and I ate a piece of it. It tasted nasty! I had better meals at Chili's, Ruby Tuesday, and some hole in the wall restaurants at a cheaper price than what I payed here, 70 dollars. I had diarrhea the day after. I will not recommend.

Oxford, NC
“Only Place Near PruCenter Open On Weekends”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2012

This place is more of a bar with a restaurant than a restaurant with a bar. I don't think the management expected such a big crowd on Saturday.The ribs were good but a little cold. The french fries were homemade and delicous. The creamy cole slaw was not creamy. They ran out of Stella but the Guiness was a great replacement beer.

Visited December 2012
Seattle, Washington
“AMAZING FOOD”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

The food here is amazing.

Real BBQ. For years I have been going to the Porteguese BBQ on Ferry St, and now a real BBQ place has opened! Go there. Its not cheap but not expensive either. Service is typical of a BBQ place...... not the best, but the food makes up for it!!

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Rome, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food, service, and atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2012

Lemonades came as fast as I emptied them. This was right after long walks in NYC so was very thirsty. Atmosphere felt safe and nice family oriented section separate from bar area :) Not in a great neighborhood, but they stand out from the surroundings.

Visited November 2012