“far above the average Fairfield”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Newark Liberty International Airport
Ranked #9 of 16 Hotels in Newark
Reviewed November 29, 2010

I agree with everyone that this is one of the most difficult hotels to access unless you take the shuttle from the Newark Airport. I would suggest that Marriott get more signage on the roads leading to this hotel; however, that said, it is one of the BEST Fairfield hotels we have been to. Having a sitting room and a bedroom along with all of usual amenities make it way above average. Having the Marriott Courtyard within walking distance (although more lighting is necessary) allows a very pleasant dining experience.

T

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank obuoy4848

Reviewed November 10, 2010

This is a very standard Fairfield in. The staff is nice and the food is the same as it is everywhere else.

Finding this hotel is a complete nightmare if you're driving. If you're at the airport, the shuttle service will save you the frustration.

The rate was very reasonable given that you can train in and back from the city for $25.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed November 9, 2010

Arrived late evening from Newark airport for an overnight stay. Desk staff did not speak to us at all, merely processing the booking number and handing over the key. There was a very pungent smell of disinfectant in the lobby area. Room spacious and bed fairly comfortable. Good buffet breakfast although very busy. Free internet in lobby.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 23, 2010

I arrived at the hotel around 11am knowing that my room might not be ready since it wasn't normal check-in time yet. the person was kind enough to let me use their "hospitality room" while I was waiting for my room. When I finally got my room, I found it to be spacious and roomy. Pretty sufficient for a solo traveller and the price I paid couldn't be beat. The bathroom had your basic amenities and toiletries. They had an indoor pool and gym which I didn't take advantage of. There wasn't a restaurant on site but no worries, in the evening time you'll get plenty of flyers coming through your door for various food delivery. I even had one for halal food... that was awesome! In the morning they had their continental breakfast. Your typical choices of various breads, fruits and beverages. Make sure that you reserve your ride back to the airport the day before since that van can fill up rather quickly.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank Irvan S
Reviewed October 23, 2010

Chose this hotel because it had a shuttle to the airport and included seven days of parking in rate. But..... got back after our trip and the trouble started. They had booked us into a handicapped room - which means that there was no bathtub and the shower head was only five feed off the floor. We ask to be moved and were told they were full. But we had made our confirmed reservation more than two weeks in advance and we were not told they would put us in this room. The mattress was also some cheap type of foam (not memory foam). There was no bedspread. To top it off the next morning the hand shower broke, and as we were checking our early we could not bathe. We asked that our bill be adjusted, and as the manager was not in yet we found that when we got our e-mailed bill they had knocked FIFTEEN DOLLARS off for this inconvenience. What a rip off.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank easyriderny
Reviewed October 14, 2010

The hotel is ok, it could be a little better, but considering its location not a bad alternative. There is only one resturant within walking distance, it is at the Courtyard Hotel next door. The food there is pub food, but actually pretty decent for a quick bite. You must travel to eat in other resturants. This is kind of a sub par Marriott and the Spring Hill suites next door is not much better. Don't expect much, this is strictly a business hotel, or used as a layover hotel for the airport. The parking and internet are free, and the breakfast also.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Thank Flyerno.one
Reviewed October 5, 2010

It is a bit tricky to get to. But the step by step directions on the website work. Even then you should take it slow. I was dropped off to take a flight out the next day. Once there everything was fine. Room very clean and spacious. A king bed room. Booked my shuttle as soon as I checked in. Printed boarding pass in the morning when I got up from the lobby computers. All went smooth... True there is no bar or restaurant there, but you can walk next door to the Marriott and eat. Which I did. Needless to say the service there was mass confusion as they were training 2 new people. BUT.. that is that hotel. The Fairfield Inn was better then I thought it would be.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
Travelers also viewed these Newark hotels
SpringHill Suites Newark Liberty International Airport
Holiday Inn Newark Airport
Wyndham Garden Newark Airport
Newark Liberty International Airport Marriott
Ramada Plaza Newark Liberty International Airport
Best Western Plus Newark Airport West

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Newark Liberty International Airport? Share your experiences!