We checked in late to the Marriott Newark Liberty Airport hotel on Sunday night. It was past mid-night and both our 5 and 4 year old were asleep. Somehow JQ awoke long enough to walk in on her own, but we had to carry YV.
Since it was so late, I parked the rented SUV up front and told the check-in lady that I was going to do a couple of trips to get all of our stuff up to the room, and then go return the car. She said it would be fine to leave out front for a while.
We had a spacious double full bed room, and they had already pre-set up the crib we requested. I placed YV in the crib and she just kept sleeping away! That was tremendously helpful of the hotel staff... if we had to wait for someone to bring in and then setup... that might have awoken her.
The rental car (Avis) return center was just a short drive from the hotel, and no one else was returning a vehicle. One reason I like to do things really early in the morning or extremely late night is because it all goes so much faster! A quick Air-Tram ride back to Terminal A... and I was ready to get to the Marriott hotel shuttle. But it was a bit confusing with the signs pointing arrows back up above the baggage claim area for "hotel shuttles"... so I ran out to the Taxi stand, and asked an attendant... who was extremely helpful. I pointed to the Marriott hotel across from the parking lot and said that's the shuttle I need. To wit: he replied that I go down one level via a narrow staircase, and then walk out to the curbside where there are signs for the Marriott shuttle.
A call, and quick few minutes response and I was back on my way to the hotel again.
In the morning... I woke up the family around 4:30 am... and we went back downstairs, and already the shuttle was in full force! That's another great thing about this hotel... the 24 hour shuttle bus!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just a 1.5 Mile drive from the Newark Liberty International Airport, the Fairfield Inn & Suites Newark Liberty International Airport hotel offers an exceptional experience. Take advantage of our facilities that include our complimentary hot breakfast buffet. Coffee service is available 24 hours a day in our breakfast area. We also offer a 24 hour a day scheduled shuttle service to and from the airport. If you need transportation to Downtown Newark or NY City, the nearest subway station is at Liberty Airport, which offers easy access to Newark city center and Manhattan. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites Newark Liberty International Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn And Suites By Marriott Newark Liberty International Airport
- Fairfield Inn & Suites By Marriott Newark Liberty International Airport Hotel
- Fairfield Inn Newark
- Fairfield Newark
- Newark Fairfield Inn