Best Western Plus Newark Airport West
$212
$167
  • Room Service
1,208 results
All reviewsshuttle servicenew yorkpenn stationhot breakfastfree shuttlecruise portfree breakfastcape libertylarge roombar restaurantan early flightstayed here for one nightan overnight stayinto nycbwairporttrain
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 29, 2010

Stayed at this hotel a few nights last weekend. The outside of the hotel is not the most beautiful building ive ever seen, but the inside has been remodeled and has new furniture/decor. the breakfast was really good. the shuttle service to newark penn station was very prompt. our beds were comfy, the rooms clean, and the flat screen was nice as well. i would stay here again. you cannot beat the price. you are close to manhatten, but without the high prices. Oh, and our room was huge! you dont get that in NYC. another plus is the free parking.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 25, 2010

We chose this hotel as our base for exploring New York city as it was the cheapest hotel on the site. The hotel itself was very nice, the rooms were huge, had free Wifi, the breakfast was very nice and the staff were friendly enough. We used the free shuttle bus service from Newark airport to the hotel, although it took nearly 1 hour to arrive, and i had to phone twice. But we did use the shuttle bus to penn station everyday and it was much better.
The only issue we had was that the key cards weren't working very well, we had 2 for our room and neither worked, so we went to reception and they swapped them for 2 more, these still didn't work, so back to reception. We repeated this twice more before someone actually came up with us and fixed the card reader.
As many other people have said, this hotel is located on an industrial area and so there isnt a lot to see and do in the local area, but if you are just staying for a night, or just using it as a base to explore then its fine.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 9, 2010

I reserved 2 rooms in advance and got confirmation number from Best Western Newark Airport West. But when I arrived to hotel after midnight, reservation desk personnel told me they did not have any room for us. I was totally shocked because I had a confirmation. Even if I did not show up they supposed to keep room for me and charge it to me according to their policy. They did not inform me about their failure to provide confirmed rooms to me.

On that night my kids were together with me and we were tired of 9 hour driving from Niagara falls to Newjersey. The only thing we want was to have a bad and sleep as soon as possible. But irrisponsible Hotel changed your vacation to nightmare.

Later I saw charges for that rooms they did not provide in my credit card transaction .

I do not blame everything on Best Western hotels because each hotel is independently owned and operated. But I know the operator of Best Western Newark Airport West hotel is greedy and not trust worthy.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank rdemircali
Reviewed July 28, 2010

We stayed for one night in Room 601 from July 12-13. It was a very nice corner room, newly reburbished and very clean.

The exterior of the building is being fixed up, or so it appears, with fake stonework. on the bottom part of the front facade..I presume they'll eventually add a coat of paint.

The lobby/restaurant/common areas felt VERY grimy. Dirty, stained carpeting and walls that could use a good scrubbing and/or paint.

Tired, beat up looking seating greet you as you enter through the main door.

Staff is "just friendly enough". Nothing special.

The breakfast was quite good, lots of variety!

The location of the hotel is VERY BAD. A beat up, rundown industrial area. Hard to find, I'm sure, if you were driving yourselff (which we were not).

Their best bet would be to bulldoze the place and sart over somewhere else.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GogetterVancouver
Reviewed July 5, 2010

Nightmare.....If they could take this hotel and put it in another location, it would be great. It is located in some sort of off road industrial park, that is almost treacherous at night, and very hard to locate no matter the time of day. Stay in the right hand lane on the major highway, go slow, put on your hazards, and don't miss the turn. It seems like you are going into a run down industrial area, but at the end of the narrow road you are there.

There aren't many places to park so get there early. I would not feel safe anywhere outside in the evening.

However, the staff was friendly and the rooms were fine. Small double sized beds though. Breakfast was the big hit and definitely worth the cost of the hotel. They offered a full hot fare. The lounge is also the restaurant and is the only place to eat in the area at night as you won't want to leave the building...or eat dinner before you come. The offerings were limited but the cost wasn't too bad.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family