“It's OK For Cruise & Park”

Best Western Plus Newark Airport West
Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Newark
Reviewed February 9, 2009

We stayed at this hotel the night before our cruise on the Explorer of the Seas Jan 11. We booked the park and cruise package which included a large room, free breakfast, and a shuttle to and from Cape Liberty Cruise Port and parking for our van. We left on the shuttle to the ship around 10:45, and we got off ourselves around 7:30 and we at the hotel by 8 and on the road by 8:15.
The hotel could use a good paint job to freshen up the rooms and hallways. Our King bed room was huge it also had an enclove with a love seat, TV, frig, and coffee marker.
The breakfast was very good offering a variety of hot and cold servings. Dinner Saturday night was OK selections were good for a small dinner only serving hotel guests. We had no problem parking and our van was warmed up and waiting for us.
We've booked again for next year.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled as a couple
4  Thank CruiserCanada
Write a ReviewReviews (1,178)

Reviewed January 25, 2009

We stayed at this hotel before our cruise and we used airmiles to book our room.
If i had actually paid for it , i would rate them lower.
The room was big but not clean. The coffee maker was full of mold and no hot water out of the sink spout.
The comforter for the bed was a sheet:)
We called the front desk for pillows and extra blankets and were told they'd be up in 20 minutes. Three hours later after several calls and an offer for us to come down they came. The pillows had no cases on them:(
The food in the morning was a joke due to how unclean the enviroment was.
However, they provided a ride to the mall for a small fee and we also used their vouchers for a taxi transfer to the cruise terminal.
The hotel kinda blew but if it saved me money in the future, i'd book with them again , I'd just bring my own food.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 21, 2008

I was going on a cruise and took advantage of their parking and hotel package. I have a brand new 2009 cadillac. When i returned, every control from climate control, seat, mirrors, and radio were changed. My car had more miles on it, and large deep scratches on the hood. The car was just washed ( just after a snow storm very strange) the cadillac was in the very front and i had to wait for the shuttle driver because he had the keys. The other cars in my party were barried in snow in a back lot and the hotel had the keys. Hotel was clean, terrible food ( member in my party got food posioning.) DONT EVEN THINK ABOUT LEAVING YOUR CAR THEY WILL DRIVE IT OUTSIDE OF THE LOTS!!!!!

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank synd00d
Reviewed November 26, 2008

We needed to stay in the Newark Airport area so I found a good deal at the BW Newark West.

The room was big and comfortable although we were surprised to see a large hot tub in the corner of the room. Excellent service to and from the airport and a full breakfast which went down well.

We would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank rodnick
Reviewed November 2, 2008

We were really pleased with our stay at this hotel. We booked the fly-stay-cruise package. We also asked for early check in which is on an as-available basis.

We arrived at the airport after a red eye. It was a little hard with our luggage, while at the airport, to get over to the shuttle pick up area. Once we got there we waited 1/2 hour for the driver, which we felt was reasonable. There was no charge for the shuttle.

The drive back to the hotel was short. We had some breakfast, which was above-average for a continental breakfast, and were then able to check in the room, which was much better than we expected for the price paid.

That evening we tried the food downstairs. It was average and not expensive. I probably would have preferred Dominos but it was fine for the night. Almost everyone eating was taking the cruise the next day.

We scheduled our trip to the cruise port for 11 am the next day. The shuttle was crowded but everyone was friendly. We got there very quickly.

With this package, the hotel gives you a voucher to take you from the cruise terminal back to the hotel or the airport. We walked off the cruise and there was the shuttle service. Other people can take the shuttle service for a charge of $14 per person. It was way more comfortable than a cab.

Overall, this package was exactly what we were hoping for for a reasonable price. We would stay there again and go into NYC.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LAtoEverywhere
Reviewed October 7, 2008

We decided to stay,park and fly because of very early flights.
When we checked in they handed me a card and asked for my
vehicle information. I filled out the form and signed it. when we returned from our trip they drove my car around and I noticed the
right rear fender and bumper had been damaged. When I told the driver he got the manager on duty. When she came out she was very rood and said they were not resposible because I signed a waiver. She gave me the general manager's card and
number and said I would have call him the next day. When I called he said send him an estimate for the damage. When I e-mailed the estimate he responded and said sorry for my trouble,
but we are not responsible because I signed a waiver? Sounds like this happens way too much here. Do not park your car here
if you care about your car!!!

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank jwr53
Reviewed October 6, 2008

First they did not have appropriate shuttles to the hotel and we had to wait for over half an hour to get there but I should have just slept on the chairs at the airport.

This is the middle of NOWHERE so you are stuck with their food which is AWFUL. Beverages were out of stock (alcohol). Server was horrible and the food was sub standard to Denny's.

To make matters worse the room was terribly noisy and doors were slamming till the wee hours of the morning.

Finally to top this all off the bathroom was DISGUSTING! I found hair and mold in the shower and the floors were not clean. The coffee pot also had mold in it.

YUCK! PAY MORE MONEY AND STAY ELSEWHERE!

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with family