“WORST SEAFOOD EVER! NOTHING IS FRESH.....”

Phillips Crab House at Newark Liberty International Airport
Ranked #68 of 608 Restaurants in Newark
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed July 29, 2013

DONT EAT AT THIS PLACE UNLESS U WANT PROCESSED SEAFOOD.....

Im n this place now & what a disappointment. Nothing is FRESH! NJ is very close 2 Maryland where some of the best seafood comes from on the eastcoast of usa......

calamares,shrimp,crabcakes....all frozen & overcooked n deepfryer..now im still hungry & MAD! this place has HIGH prices like the food is fresh!

1  Thank universeho

Reviewed July 22, 2013

I had the crab cake and shrimp platter with mashed potatoes and side salad...The food was great,and the crab cake was amazing. I wish I had gotten the double crab cake instead of the crab cake and shrimp. The only thing that would have made it better would have been a beer, not their fault, but due to the odd NJ law they cannot serve alcohol, even beer, before 12 noon. So as sucky as it was I was forced to have pepsi with my seafood.. Service was friendly, airport atmosphere... did I mention the crab cake was fantastic though? :)

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Because they serve real crab and because this isn't a massive intergalactic chain I thought, wow, I'm actually going to get something good to eat before my flight, but alas. Tough, chewy past-its-shelf-life salmon, a Cobb salad with a very small amount of actually good fresh crab on top of a huge pile of lifeless lettuce and soggy bacon and flavorless tomatoes, all served with a foil packet of blue-cheese-flavored face cream. However I'm giving the place two stars rather than one because the servers were awesomely helpful and warm and offered to have the kitchen re-make everything and we got to sit there for an hour with our electronic devices charging up for the flight in the many handy plugs and drinking ice water in quiet and serenity.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

We love Phillips! Crab cakes are phenomenal. We have eaten them at Liberty Airport, Baltimore Harbor and Annapolis Harbor.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

With some extra time at the airport I took a rare opportunity to try the breakfast here before a flight for a business trip. The waiter decisively steered me towards the crab cakes and eggs dish instead of the omelet with crab cakes (or something similar). It was absolutely delicious. The eggs didn't have that powdery taste and texture I've come to expect from airport food and the crab cakes were really good. Even the bread was good. The service was pleasant and my waiter had my check ready as soon as I realized I was cutting it close to boarding time. I even texted my husband a photo of my food because I know he would have loved it.

Travelers who viewed Phillips Crab House at Newark Liberty International Airport also viewed

Been to Phillips Crab House at Newark Liberty International Airport? Share your experiences!