“stayed day before cruise”

Ranked #13 of 16 Hotels in Newark
Crown Point, New York, United States
“stayed day before cruise”
Reviewed March 12, 2014

It was a good place to stay, rooms were big!! Breakfast was NOT good,,, if you want a carb fix you will be happy but if you are looking for protein you will not find it, thin round disks are eggs,awful and sausage links were ok.. Staff was awesome!! We parked our car for 7 days and were brought to our cruise drop off, (1 way shuttle)all included in the park and stay package!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Marla T
comfortsuitesnewark, General Manager at Comfort Suites Newark, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Thank you for taking time and sharing your feedback with us. Our Park and Cruise package is a great value for guests leaving for their cruises out of Port Bayonne NJ. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your recent stay. It's great to hear you enjoyed the level of service provided by our staff. We hope we are able to provide you with the same great accomodations the next time you are in the area.
Comfort Suites Newark

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Newark, New Jersey
Reviewed March 8, 2014

good costumer service very clean rooms however if you stay over the weekend the hotel has a church service going on fridays until midnight very noisy cant sleep they scream alot and it all happends again saturday at 7 am until midnight again when you call front desk you get a busy signal probably because everyone else is complaining about the noise and it all starts over again on sunday morning will NOT be spending my money here AGAIN!!

• Stayed March 2014
comfortsuitesnewark, Manager at Comfort Suites Newark, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Thank you for taking time and sharing your feedback with us.We apologize about the disturbance caused to you from the prayer group using the meeting room. They were a prayer group who were visiting Newark and our not at our facility every weekend . I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your recent stay. It's great to hear you enjoyed the level of service provided by our friendly staff. We hope we are able to provide you with the same great accomodations the next time you are in the area.
Rockaway NJ
Reviewed January 4, 2014

United Airlines Flight 15 at 9:30 AM on Tuesday 12/17/2013!
Do we drive from home in Rockaway NJ to Newark International during "Rush Hour" traffic with a possibility of snow?
No; we stay at the Comfort Suites in Newark NJ the night of 12/16/2013!
Up bright and early! They have a free "Continental Breakfast" ready off of the main lobby! The little Mrs. picks up some things for our trip to Hawaii aboard the plane. The flight will be 10 1/2 hours ( + the 4 hour delay that we sat on the plane, at the gate, while United installed the "New Entertainment Center"! )
It did snow that morning and we only had a 10 minute drive to Corporate Parking where we left our car for the next 11 days!
Everyone at the hotel acted in a very professional and courtious manner. A young lady at the check in desk even printed our Hawaiin Air Boarding Passes for us.
Stay here if you need to be up and ready for an early morning flight out of EWR!
Tell em' Wayne sent us!!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
comfortsuitesnewark, General Manager at Comfort Suites Newark, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking time and sharing your feedback with us. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your recent stay. It's great to hear you were able to take advantage of the complimentary breakfast and enjoyed the level of service provided by our staff. We hope we are able to provide you with the same great accomodations the next time you are in the area.
New Jersey
Reviewed December 30, 2013

When I told my family we were staying in Newark to make our holiday trip to NYC more affordable, they said, "Newark??!?" We had done it before, so we weren't worried. The hotel was perfect! Beautifully decorated for Christmas, the hotel is lovely even without the adornments. Pretty entrance, lovely chandelier hanging from high above. The front desk personnel were warm and friendly, very helpful whenever we had a question. As Choice Hotel reward members, we were greeted with a gift bag of bottled water and snacks. Our room was a suite with a king sized bed, a small divider, and then an additional double bed which was perfect for our son. (Not a divider for privacy, mind you, but good for reading while he slept.) There was a large bathroom, a desk, dresser, three nightstands, and a very small kitchen area with mini fridge, microwave, coffee maker. There were many restaurants in the area but we don't know Newark enough to know which parts are safe, and we were so tired from sightseeing that we preferred to order in. The front desk was very helpful in this area as well. Plenty of restaurants deliver and we ordered several times from delicious and very inexpensive places. Italian, Chinese, Mexican, Caribbean, American, and Mediterranean were the menus that we noticed. I almost forgot: plentiful, free, hot breakfast buffet every morning and free coffee and tea all day. Parking was free as well. The train station is about a mile away. We paid $10 for a cab. One note: there did seem to be basement level rooms. The elevator took us down there and it looked just as nice but I'm unsure if those rooms have windows. I could call to check that out and request not to be down there if that would bother you. I wouldn't want to be without a window and I'm not sure if I would like to be on the ground floor in Newark although I will say that we always felt very safe. In fact, I will definitely consider this hotel again the next time we head into The Big Apple to see a show. I couldn't have been more pleased!

Room Tip: We loved the second floor. Beautiful balcony overlooking the lobby. I can't speak of the basemen...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed December 14, 2013

ohhhhhhhhh what a stay at comfort suites Newark NJ, on my trip to USA it was awesome experience, everything top to bottom, as soon as enter to hotel i felt fresh to show Christmas decoration, it wasnt that really great but simply the best, worm welcome get upgrade room at the same price with Jacuzzi as foreigner, front desk staff very trained, i would say its management must be taking care for there staff, housekeeping was fantastic, break fast hummm got and good options, over all stay was 10 of 10, very convenience to get train to NY, just a mile from hotel a train station,

Room Tip: well my res was for king size bed, but front desk upgrade my room with Jacuzzi, but sure other room...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank devhunter22
comfortsuitesnewark, General Manager at Comfort Suites Newark, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
New York City, New York
Reviewed December 13, 2013

Came to attend a funeral and was blown away at the welcome offer by the cheerful staff. Made our welcome much pleasant due to the fact we where here for a funeral. Always asked how we was doing. Made sure we had directions to the funeral home directions to restaurants and to the city over all a great stay will recommend this to family and friends due to friendly staff and comfortabilty of the hotel

• Stayed December 2013
2 Thank cutesmile44
comfortsuitesnewark, General Manager at Comfort Suites Newark, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Thank you for taking time and sharing your feedback with us. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your recent stay. It's great to hear you enjoyed the level of service provided by our staff. We hope we are able to provide you with the same great accomodations the next time you are in the area.
sonhomeu
Reviewed December 10, 2013

Despite having to sign that I would not smoke in my non-smoking room, and there being a sign in my room saying that if it smelled like smoke when I left I would be charged $150 for cleaning, my room smelled disgustingly like stale cigarette smoke. I called reception to notify them and they said it was probably because someone was smoking in a room next to mine. I highly doubt that was the case...the room clearly had hosted many smoking guests before my arrival. The bed was comfortable and the sheets smelled fresh and clean, but my hair, jacket, clothes, everything basically smelled of stale cigarette smoke after departing the room and hotel. On the positive side, this hotel was very convenient to NJPAC where my friend and I went to a concert, so it was great to have an affordable place to stay next to downtown Newark. I was happy to have breakfast included as the neighborhood isn't so nice (despite the stale bagels, everything else was pretty good). Free parking was a great perk too. However, if you aren't a smoker, be weary of their "non-smoking" rooms and maybe bring some Febreeze with you for your stay.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
comfortsuitesnewark, General Manager at Comfort Suites Newark, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Dear Guest,
I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from guests are taken seriously. I would like to assure you that all the issues raised have been addressed and appropriate action has been taken. Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us. We look forward to seeing you soon.We hope we are able to provide you with the same great accomodations the next time you are in the area.