“Very nice but could be better” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Comfort Suites Newark

Ranked #13 of 16 Hotels in Newark
Montreal
“Very nice but could be better”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for 3 nights. The hotel was overall very clean but there was a weird candy-product-like smell in the corridors and room. Staff was very kind and welcoming. Breakfast was very good with great amount of options: variations of eggs every day, one side meat (bacon/sausages/ham), waffles, yogourt, bread, etc. Broad St. train station is only a 15 min walk away and leads you straight into NYC for $5. The neighborhood doesn't look safe at all at night even if it may be. Went on Broadway one night and came back pass midnight and we were feeling a bit nervous on our way back to the hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Rock6kev

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Blakeslee, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2012

i stayed with my family for one night , the carpet was filthy and room was smelling that they have to keep the door open until i checked inn , i asked for another room the woman on the desk said no, every thing was falling apart and dirty found somebody scissors on sofa bed, can't find any pen or pad or any guest information material. they charge $149.00 for the room which don't worth $49.00

2 Thank amyp101
comfortsuitesnewark, General Manager at Comfort Suites Newark, responded to this review, May 27, 2015
Dear Guest,

We accommodate many guests each evening and we strive to make their stay a wonderful and satisfying experience. Consequently,it's disappointing to learn that you're unhappy. Please accept my sincere apology. I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from guests are taken seriously. I would like to assure you that all the issues raised have been addressed and appropriate action has been taken. Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us. We look forward to seeing you soon.

WebSite: comfortsuites.com/hotel/nj123

Travelers are raving about these Newark hotels

New Haven, Connecticut
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel for business. My business partner had checked into the hotel earlier in the afternoon and I was arriving that night. Having years of experience in hospitality security I was quite shocked when I arrived at the front desk, gave the name of my colleague and was handed a key to the room. Never was my ID checked or was I asked for my name or the room number.

Room Tip: If you value safety and security do not stay here.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Thomas S
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2012

I did not feel safe here...if you drive the road directly behind the hotel it is littered and graffiti everywhere. The whole area is not very safe looking. We stayed there before flying out in the morning but did not leave the hotel. The hotel itself is not very clean and has a musty smell to it. The carpets are filty in the hallways, elevator etc. The breakfast however was clean and good. Its about five or six miles to the airport. I'd say stay there with your eyes open.

1 Thank PhoenixMap55
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2012

When I go to a hotel, I want something like my own home, clean, comfortable, up to date, fresh...this place is none of these things! The front desk clerk kept giving me a hard time about not having any rooms left and my coupon could only be used for 1 night. So he finally gave me a room the only one they had left...then hoorayed about being fully booked! Ha!

We walked into the room and it smelled, it was old and dusty looking, the couch cushions were so flat it needed to be tossed, the air was set on 60 and it was HOT in the room! I could see paying maybe 40 bucks a night for this place but not 80 w/ my coupon and def not 135 per night after w/o a coupon! My husband said he was not staying so we checked out 10 minutes later and were on our way. When I checked out the clerk said that they fix the air in that room 4 times a day, don't know why they cannot get it fixed...Def not worth the waste of time if you want something clean and comfortable!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank natamich77
Dear Guest,

New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2012

The hotel was okay just to sleep for one night or two. There was gum on the carpet. Also the walls were so thin that I could hear the lady in the next room talk on her cell phone for a long time. Also upstairs there was so much noise from the person walking back and forth. It made me feel as if the ceiling was going to cave in. The sleeper sofa had alot of stains on it. Lastly the staff was nice.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sweets89
Paris, France
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2012

We had a large room that was well air-conditioned and very comfortable. It was much larger than we expected. The location, as others have mentioned, is industrial/ghetto...but I didn't feel unsafe. There are no food restaurants around within walking distance, so you will have to settle for delivery. The hotel has a list of local restaurants that deliver (some for free!) to the hotel.

Unlike other Comfort Suites, there is no swimming pool. Decent breakfast with waffle maker, so you can make your own! This is always the highlight of hotels for my family :)

The shuttle is ONLY to the airport and costs $10. You have to pay for a taxi from Liberty to the hotel, which isn't difficult to do from the airport, since they have many waiting in a line for just that purpose. They also have flat rates from the airport to your destination which they inform you about before you even hop in the cab, which I thought was great. I think it was about $14 from Newark airport to this hotel, not including tips.

Room Tip: Book early using choicehotels for a 20% discount. It's free to be a member and you'll save...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank FlorianaMonceau
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your recent stay. It's great to hear you were happy with our service. We hope we are able to provide you with the same great accommodations the next time you are in the area.