“Lucky find”

Cuisines: Delicatessen
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery
Reviewed December 7, 2013

We went to the Rod Stewart concert. We had originally planned on going to Brick City across from the arena, but when we got there at 5:45 (we had called and they didn't take reservations, but said this would be a good time for an 8:00 show) there were no tables available and the wait time was estimated at an hour and a half. I had seen an advertisement in The Star Ledger for Hobby's and remembered that tripadvisor had rated them the #1 restaurant in Newark, we gave
them a call, and they said there was no WAIT and gave me easy directions to the restaurant. It was a short walk from the arena, but once we arrived (we were greeted at the door by the owner), we were seated, well fed at a reasonable price and catered too by the server and owners. The pastrami was delicious, and they serve Dr. Brown soda, pickles and sour tomatoes.
The cupcakes looked excellent but we were stuffed. The owners said they stayed open tonight especially for this concert. I am glad they did. Would recommend highly if going to the arena.

Reviewed November 27, 2013

I never ate pastrami or actually once at home in Europe till this morning. I have visited Hobby's thanks to good reviews here and I have to say that Pastrami sandwich was simply fantastic. Good black coffee and pickles. I can recommend!

Reviewed November 14, 2013

Was here during my last day in Newark and really enjoyed! My sandwich was good and they all were very friendly. The atmosphere is cool, I was very happy I found it.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

We had a few hours layover in Newark Liberty Airport after arriving in from Shannon Ireland, on Saturday Sept. 21st. We took a chance and headed for Hobby's.... It was so worth the trip. Great atmosphere, great staff, great food. The place was so authentic it really gave me a "pick me up" for the next leg of our journey onto Oregon. I will be back...... The Pastrami is wonderful......

1  Thank GerBrinn
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Had the homestyle matzo ball soup and the pastrami sandwich. I loved every bite! I can't wait to go back to do it all over again.