Holiday Inn Newark Airport
$95
$286
  • Room Service
1,024 results
All reviewson demandroom was cleanrestaurant staffair trainshuttle servicean early flightnew yorkfree parkingnext morningstayed here for one nightfront desk staffrestaurant barshort stayparking lotinto nycpenn stationairport
Reviewed July 27, 2006

My wife, 3 children, and I stayed her because we had an early flight the next day. The price for the park and fly package was under $150 and we left our car there for 8 days. This was one day longer than they allowed in the price. When I told them I needed an extra day, they said no problem and no extra charge. The check in process was a little slow even though there were two people at the desk. They weren’t the most professional but they did the job well. The room we were in was your basic hotel room but it was pretty clean. I would recommend this hotel for no more than one night. If you are there for more than one night, the hotel has nothing to offer to keep you buys. It’s along a busy highway with nothing around but other hotels and a beer plant. The free shuttle was fast and efficient. They drop you off and pick you up at the airport monorail station and the drivers were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: June 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
2  Thank glen65
Reviewed July 26, 2006

We stayed at this hotel for 5 nights, and found it to be adequate. It has all we needed, clean room, bathroom and airconditioning. Its not new, but for the price we found it suited our needs. We stayed here and commuted to New York each day, and got used to using the airport shuttle, along with the buses and trains. Probably wouldn't stay here again, but only due to the distance from New York.

• Stayed: June 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Lioness64
Reviewed July 12, 2006

We were stuck in Newark overnight due to thunderstorms, and the airline put us up in the days Inn overnight. The problems started as soon as we walked in the door. Staff were rude, unfriendly and unprofessional at reception. We waited 1.5 hours for dinner, which never arrived, and had to order a pizza from the local take-away. The room was noisy, with a very rattley aircon unit, and we got no sleep at all. The entire hotel was dirty, and unclean looking. I witnessed staff being very rude to customers on several occasions. I will never stay in a Days Inn again.

3  Thank ballybit
Reviewed February 27, 2006

I am very surprised at all the positive reviews about this place. I wondered for a while if it was even the same hotel I stayed at. I booked this hotel because I had a very early morning flight and just wanted a place near the airport. I did hardly any research on Newark Airport hotels but figured the nicer hotels would be more then I wanted to spend, and having stayed at Days Inn before they were always good enough for me. I payed about 80/nt or so, which for Days Inn seemed a little high, but oh well. Upon check-in I was greeted by one of the rudest front desk people I have ever met. It was if she was doing me a favor by checkin me in. She was very snappy and not helpful in the slightest. My room was large, but as bland as possible and stunk of smoke. ( even though requested non-smoking). The bed had some questionable marks on it, and there were sticky stains all over the counter tops. The lighting in the bathroom was unsually bright, which normally would be good but this was the kind of the bathroom where you wanted to see as little as possible. Shuttle service was prompt and friendly, so that was worth something. Two months later I again had to stay at Newark airport for an early Sat morning flight, this time I researched and found about 20 other hotels for nearly the same price. The Hilton i stayed at was a world of difference for 10$ more. My advice, stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: February 2006, traveled on business
12  Thank icem2829
Reviewed February 13, 2006

Don't be fooled by the drab exterior of the Days Hotel, by Newark Airport.

I stopped here 6-7th Feb 06.

The room was one of the cleanest I have ever stayed in, and by that I don't just mean that the toilet paper was folded.

Small polite restaurant. The buffet breakfast opened early and was great value (continental or full American).

Free Wi-fi. Apparently some rooms better reception than others, so best to mention you need it when you check in.

Only one small grouch, no coffee maker.

3  Thank mrpink7