“Definitely will come back...perfect location for airport and NYC!!!”

Holiday Inn Newark Airport
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Newark
Reviewed August 1, 2011

This had to be the nicest Holiday Inn we ever stayed in. We arrived on a red eye flight extremely tired and had reservations at this hotel but needed to check in super early. The front office staff were super and did the best they could to accommodate us a quickly as possible at 10:30 a.m. Much to our surprise we open the door to our room and it was absolutely beautiful everything clean and shiny.. All furniture and accessories were brand new and spotless. Fridge in room was great. brand new tv's. It's located it right next door to airport parking lots which is so convenient and a 10 minute ride to NY/Penn Station. Bed's were really comfy. two styles of pillows were offered and we slept the day away in luxury at an inexpensive price. Thank you so much!

1  Thank A22ymee

Reviewed July 29, 2011

My husband & I ended up here because our flight out of Newark was cancelled and we couldn't get out for another day. United footed the bill, and this was one of just a few rooms left at the airport. I wouldn't normally pick this place, but it was better than expected and met our needs for the night.

Appears to be a recently rennovated small holiday inn, in an industrial/airport area - nothing nearby. The shuttle driver said it was all new, but you could tell it was just spruced up.

The good: rooms were recently redone, relatively large, looked nice and beds very comfy. Couldn't hear much airport noise (yeah). Although the air conditioning was not central (had one of those in room units), it was very effective. (Traveled a lot recently and this was a great plus). The staff was very helpful and nice, from the shuttle driver, to reception, to restaurant staff. They upgraded our room (shuttle driver asked them to do this), gave great service in the dining room - my husbands dinner came out really bad, and they were very nice about supplying a prompt replacement and making sure all was well. The rest of the dinner was quite good.

The okay: a small laundry room, but at least a laundry room. The hotel was small, and the bar/dining room were co-located in the small lobby.

The bad: a funky smell in common areas. The place does allow smoking, so that may be it or the building is old. But the bedroom had no odor. The bathroom fan & light were on the same switch. I like to leave the BR light on at night, but couldn't do it. The wireless internet was useless, so slow I couldn't ever get a response. But they do have a common business area in the lobby.

Unkown: we had to leave before breakfast was served, so no comment.

Overall, I am not likely to return as I like more modern places with lots of ammenities. BUT, it fit our needs for the night - clean room, comfy beds, reasonable food and very pleasant service.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sokanne
Reviewed July 29, 2011

This hotel is a great option when staying in the New York City Area. The hotel has been totally updated. It is very clean. They have a free transport to the Newark Airport where you can catch a train right into Penn Station New York. I would never have thought about staying in New Jersey but would definitely stay at this hotel again.

Reviewed July 22, 2011

Warning: This hotel was previously known as Days Inn. You may notice some of the photos here and on Google Earth will reflect this. You must understand that Holiday Inn has only bought and been operated the hotel since May 2011. Hence, most of the reviews here are referring to a different hotel, one that no longer exists. So do not be confused by google earth images, as they have not been updated for years, this is why you are unable to find the new Holiday Inn on there.

To find the hotel's exact location on Google Maps (despite the old Days Inn image), switch to satellite mode, locate 101 International way, then go to Station Road, Holiday Inn will be the first building South of Station Road, just south of the brown Monorail.

My Review:

Let me just warn you that in New Jersey/New York City, alot of places have bed bug problems, service issues, crime, high prices, etc. This hotel IS a steal. It's NOT too good to be true. It WILL make you feel like wanting to live there permanently. Room climate is brilliant. Customer service is like nothing I've ever experienced ever before, they take customer care to a whole new level, its amazing what just 2 people behind a desk can achieve.
They gave me free complimentary bottles of water, when I asked for free water and found out that it wasnt free.
Free 24/7 computers with internet and unlimited colour printouts, great restaraunt (please buy the buffet breakfast, and YES they will allow you many many additional fruits and cereal boxes to take away for the road, I was open to them about this).

TV remote controls sometimes have old batteries, so get them replaced if they dont work. There is a safe in every room! Shower was confusing to start, I called room service and a maintenance guy was at my door pronto to show me how easy it was.

I was in a crises and needed hundreds of dollars worth of coins asap, they took my notes and gave me the coins, no commission ofcourse.

Area is very safe, I used the complimentary shuttle bus travelling both to and from Newark airport. Gym was excellent! Hotel Decor was really snazzy too.

In a nutshell, this place deserves 5 stars and beyond, because it's probably better than your own home.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank HeevyH
ipetrova, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Newark Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2011

Thank you for taking your valuable time to post this lovely review! We pride ourselves on creating personable and memorable experience for our guests. I will share your comments with our team, who I am certain will be encouraged by your positive comment ...it means alot to us and makes us strive even harder to be the premier provider of luxury experiences in Newark. We await your next visit!

Iliyana Petrova
Director of Sales

Reviewed July 16, 2011

I stayed here along with 12 other business associates for a three day meeting. The entire staff from the front desk to the Sales Manager made sure the meeting went off without any problems. The meeting room had the latest technology which made giving presentations a breeze. The meals were great and the prices fair. I look forward to returning here not only for meetings but the occasional stay too.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 15, 2011

As a frequent traveler I expect a lot from hotels, this Hotel definitely met expectations, the breakfast is basic but healthy, the staff is well trained, the Gym is simple but clean and energizing and the rooms are in good condition.
I think a +$100 for the 3star hotels in the area is overpriced, for those with cars I would recommend to stay 8miles further South for half the price.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed July 8, 2011

Wow! We circled the area 5 times before we found the entrance to the hotel. Thank you Jerold at the front desk who stayed on the phone with me & coached me through the many, many lane changes and ramps around the Newark airport.

We stayed one night prior to a departure from the Newark airport. The room was clean, smelled fine & the beds were comfortable. No complaints.

1  Thank Netlizard
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newark
Newark Liberty International Airport Marriott
Wyndham Garden Newark Airport
SpringHill Suites Newark Liberty International Airport
Ramada Plaza Newark Liberty International Airport
Best Western Plus Newark Airport West
Hilton Newark Airport
Hilton Newark Airport
#3 of 14 in Elizabeth

Been to Holiday Inn Newark Airport? Share your experiences!