“Excellent hotel, newly reopened, slight teething problems”

Holiday Inn Newark Airport
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Newark
Reviewed April 23, 2011

I stayed at this hotel on 17th April. Overall I think this was an excellent choice
This was the "Days Hotel" and has been bought over by Holiday inn and fully refurbished having opened only a few days before I stayed. As a result the facilities are excellent.

The rooms are clean, modern with completely new furniture and bedding. A large 40 inch flat screen TV is in your room with access to many cable channels. Bathroom wise there is a shower in a bath, the sink is in the room (like you see in a lot of budge american hotels) and have all gone through a make over. The beds are new and VERY comfortable.

There is wifi access (FREE) throughout the hotel and there are 3 computers in the lobby for free use to access the internet.

Service is excellent and overall if you are staying in Newark (e.g. a late arriving flight or early leaving flight) this is an excellent choice as there is a free shuttle bus and it is only 5 minutes from the airport!

Only reason why it didn't get 5 stars is that it took me about an hour to get to the hotel. Unfortunately the hotel isn't listed in the airport so there aren't any free phones direct to the hotel. As the hotel had only recently opened the holiday inn website had the wrong phone number for it (on my reservation - apparently it listed the fax number as the phone number!) so it was near impossible to get hold of the hotel to ask for the shuttle bus to pick me up!! After begging someone at the airport we managed to get a number somehow through directory enquiries......apparently these are just teething problems. If these get sorted out, this hotel will be fantastic!!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank Niktheguru
ipetrova, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Newark Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review regarding your stay at the Holiday Inn Newark Airport. We appreciate you taking the time to make us aware of your delightful experience during your recent stay.
We are always pleased to receive praise and acknowledgment of such a positive nature. It is truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our staff’s efforts and takes the time to say thank you. Your comments will be shared with our entire staff, as reinforcement to continue their efforts to make the Holiday Inn Newark Airport a leader in excellence.
We are working with the company that owns the airport boards and the newly opened Holiday Inn Newark Airport will be listed with the next board update expected shortly. Until then, please feel free to contact our Guest Service Department at 973-242-0900. We do apologize for the inconvenience this has caused to you.
Once again, thank you for your thoughtful comments. We look forward to the opportunity of serving you in the future. Thank you for choosing IHG.

Iliyana Petrova
Director of Sales

Reviewed April 16, 2011

What a great stay! Arrived late in the evening and was happy to find out that the hotel had a bar. After a drink and a nice chat with the staff I went up in my room. If I have to describe it in a word I will say: trendy! It is one of the best Holiday Inns I have ever stayed at. The staff was very friendly and they really made me feel welcome. Holiday Inn, I am coming back!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed February 25, 2011

Great hotel location near to Newark Airport.
Room service was good. Reasonale price. Great internet speed, free internet, and a friendly concierge service at reception. Morning breakfast was nice. I would recommend anyone to this hotel again

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed February 21, 2011

Not bad not great, location is pretty good though. Breakfast was free and ok

• Stayed: May 2010
1  Thank Robbieb7713
Reviewed January 25, 2011

we got stranded in newark because boston airport was closed for the blizzard. the days hotel concierge was really friendly and gave us a newly renovated room! everything went smoothly from booking a room to checking out. hotel staff was extremely friendly and made our otherwise dreary trip back to boston a complete delight! hotel was also very clean and the greatest thing is there was free wireless!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
ManorHotelCorp, Revenue Manager at Holiday Inn Newark Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2011

Thank you for your kind words. We know how much of an inconvenience it can be to be stranded by the weather and I am glad to know that we were able to accommodate you accordingly. I will pass on your review to our front desk staff and management. I hope that if the opportunity arises where you are in the area again that you will come stay with us in our newly renovated hotel once we have re-opened.

Reviewed November 29, 2010

Sure is a decent hotel...clean rooms, shuttle to P4 every 15 minutes. But if u r planning to visit places in NYC...make sure you are ready to spend a few $$ for taxi or atleast an hour and a half in public transport commute. Customer service was pretty ordinary. We expected some kind of help with tips on easy commute, food options...but we ended up finding things on our own. If you are not a newbie to Newark or the east coast...and just need a decent room to crash...you have clicked the right option.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 5, 2010

I have stayed at this hotel on several trips to NY. I have not had a problem with the cleanliness of the rooms, bathroom, or beds. Please know that I am a very picky person when it comes to overall appearances. I was worried about bedbugs since I have heard that they can basically be found anywhere. I did not see any in the room that we stayed in and please believe me we definitely looked for them. The bathrooms and linens were all clean. I always get a non smoking room and when I have stayed at other hotels I have seen the nonsmoking rooms where the sheets and comforters have cigarette burns which is a no-no for me and I did not see that in the room we stayed in. The only problem I have with this hotel is that it is a bit difficult to find especially when trying to use the navigation system. The hotel has a rather nice restaurant, but it is pricey. Overall We will continue to stay at this hotel for our future visits.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank fshdaycare
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newark
Newark Liberty International Airport Marriott
Wyndham Garden Newark Airport
SpringHill Suites Newark Liberty International Airport
Ramada Plaza Newark Liberty International Airport
Best Western Plus Newark Airport West
Hilton Newark Airport
Hilton Newark Airport
#3 of 14 in Elizabeth

Been to Holiday Inn Newark Airport? Share your experiences!