“Carnivore Heaven!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rio Rodizio - CLOSED

Rio Rodizio
Cuisines: Brazilian, American, South American
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Newark Central Business District
Cross street: Bridge Street
Leominster, Massachusetts
“Carnivore Heaven!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

There is absolutely nothing I didn't like about this place! I had never been to a Brazilian restaurant before, but was told about the guys with meat skewers coming around. I got one plate (just one) from the buffet (which was good in its own right) and then the meat started coming. Oh my lord, I was in heaven. Turkey wrapped in bacon, sirloin grilled to perfection, lamb that melted in your mouth. It was heavenly! We had a couple vegetarians and a gluten-free person in our party, and they had plenty of options for them as well. It might be a bit pricey, but certainly worth the night out. Just remember to wear stretchy pants, lol.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Naomi_MNK

New Jersey
“Yech. Quantity, not quality. Great for cavemen.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

If you haven't eaten in a few weeks, and you just love the idea of poorly prepared meats, oversalted and overcooked, delivered at long intervals on skewers, then this place is for you. If, on the other hand, you've actually tasted meat that isn't from an ox, or wasn't haphazardly stuck on a fire, rubbed in salt and then rubbed in more salt, then stay away. This is dining, Cro Magnon style. And that could be fun, don't get me wrong. But this was just terrible food. Meat was grisly. Service was near non-existent. And the accompanying salad bar is an ocean of mayonnaise-laden miscellany with iceberg lettuce and Kraft orange dressing. You'll wait a long time for the food you do want to eat. The sell here is the "unlimited" portions. So, if you weigh more than your car and you have nothing to do for the next three hours, enjoy. If you have any tastebuds, go grab a hot dog at the Arena. It'll taste better and you'll eat sooner.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Elizabeth, New Jersey
“Un-freakin believable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

WOW! This is the best description I can give for this place. My wife and I went here for Valentines day Dinner but let me start from the beginning. Parking: It is ample and free. They have two lots on either side of the restaurant. Décor: Very nice . Tables are not crowded together. Plenty of room to walk around. There are two levels (reminds me of a sunken living room). Lower level has 5 “salad” bars. One is for green salads; the other is for cold salads like coleslaw, potato salad, antipasto salad, etc. There is the hot salad bar too with white and yellow rice, beef loin, fried bananas, beef ribs, and others. The last two are the bread and desert bar.
Now for the main course: They bring all of these different meats. The 1st one was the Brazilian sausage. Wonderful! I told the guys to keep it coming, and I’m not turning down anything! Me and my big mouth! Next was chicken wrapped in bacon, then filet mignon wrapped in bacon, flank steak, skirt steak, pork loin, short ribs, chicken wings, chicken legs, turkey wrapped in bacon and lamb. I was all delicious and well cooked. The staff was great. They were very friendly. They all got a big laugh when I said “No mas, no mas.
Washed it all down with a 52oz margarita for two made with Edwards tequila and Patron. Hot Dam! No watered down drinks here. My wife and I decided this place is a keeper and we highly recommend it.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank elp2nd
Bloomfield, New Jersey
“Great Brazillian Rodizzio”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2013

The is Brazilian Rodizzio is one of the best in the Essex county area. Great parking, hard to make a u turn on the 21 though. Dessert selection for me is one of the best in the area. The salads are fresh, the MEAT is tasty and they serve fast. Try the pineapple which is roasted and dusted with cinnamon and sliced table side, just like the meat.

15++ for lunch mon-friday and its between 22-30 on weekends.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Maywood, New Jersey
“First and last time”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012

My husband and I bought a groupon - dinner for two. After reading the trip advisor comments, we decided to go on our 31st Wedding Anniversary; that was a mistake.

The temperature in the restaurant was so cold that we needed a winter coat. When we asked the server if anything could be done about the temperature, he said that other customers were complaining, however, there was nothing that could be done. My husband walked to the thermostat and it read 68 degrees. It was warmer outside!

The food bar selection was so limited that I was immediately disappointed. I could not believe that they only had one person walking around with the meat selections. It took forever between servings and when they dropped it on your place - it was usually cold within seconds since the place was so cold. Careful when you get a second glass of soda - they charge; no refills--$2.50 buys you only one glass. Not cool!

At the end of the evening, we had to ask for the pineapple dessert since they took so long, I decided to go to the dessert table - which only had four small items left. I decided to try the flan and rice pudding - surprise...the rice in the pudding was not cooked. Is rice pudding supposed to be crunchy? The salad and fruit bar had a very limited selection and the quality was poor at best.

Need I say more, I will never again visit this place and I would recommend you find another Rodizio. We have been to quite a few Rodizios in the Newark –Harrison area; by far the food, service and ambiance was much more pleasant and enjoyable.

• Visited September 2012