“Cheap Tickets- Parking not great”
Review of Prudential Center

Prudential Center
Ranked #1 of 39 things to do in Newark
Reviewed December 18, 2010

Went to a Devils game. Found great $55/ea face value tickets for $10/ea. It's a nice venue but it was probably the quietist hockey game I have ever attended. Not much parking nearby and charge $30. I might have taken the train if I had known earlier. Not as many local food options inside like in other arenas. Great option for something to do in Newark

2  Thank NorCal_ds

Reviewed March 8, 2010

We went to the Prudential Center for the 1st time today to see the circus. The venue itself was very clean and easy to navigate. The seats in the lower level, where we sat, were very comfortable padded seats. (I honestly don't think there is a 'bad' view in the place) The dining options were typical arena fare with the same high price tag as other places. (i.e. $12 for cotton candy) They did not give me any problems when they checked my pocketbook at the door and saw I was bringing in my own bottled water and candy.

There is a separate private restroom for families, which was very convenient and fairly clean.

We parked on the 4th floor of the Prudential Center garage, which was convenient because there is a bridge leading right into the facility. However, we prepaid online, only to find out that it was actually cheaper to pay cash the day of the event. Also, there are many less expense parking lots surrounding the arena, which would have been fine, as well. There was a lot of security surrounding the area, so we felt completely safe.

The arena is very convenient to major highways so I would not hesitate to go back. My friends actually took the train to the event via Newark Penn Station and said it was an easy walk with security guards lining the streets.

3  Thank JerseyMouse1
Reviewed November 3, 2009

The inside of the building is not complicated to explore. There are bars to pass before you can enter the area which is a good business plan so people can buy drinks. Find various ways to get into the area because parking is not convenient. NJ Transit offers rides and parking around to get to Prudential. Toilets are not big enough for the crowd and it looks like it was the least design they planned. Nevertheless, it's good to have another area to have concerts and events in NJ.

1  Thank herleiness
Reviewed October 20, 2009

Very safe environment, well maintained, orderly crowds, plenty of security, plenty of parking, good food and all the games that I have attended, hockey, lacrosse, basketball and R. Kelly concert , they have all been well attended, no problems, ushers are on target, good seats and enjoyed every event. I am very proud and happy to see the Prudential Center being used for different events and people of all races are attending and having fun, in Newark.

1  Thank Maysl
Reviewed December 12, 2008

I was there in November for the Tina Turner concert was pleasantly surprised. The cops are out in full force directing traffic. I also pre-paid for my parking and it was so convenient. We were in the yellow lot and if you park on the 4th level, there is a bridge connecting you to the center.......quite easy.

The venue is great. There really is no bad seat in the house. We left a few minutes early - we were in the lower level - and as we walked around we kept looking and the views did not disappoint.

The food though could be improved - soggy fries with chicken finger. However the staff at the center were extremely hospitable.

I did not expect much and was weary about the location but I was quite surprised and pleased. I also felt quite safe

3  Thank reviewer26

Been to Prudential Center? Share your experiences!