“Devils Hockey”
Review of Prudential Center

Prudential Center
Ranked #1 of 42 things to do in Newark
Reviewed December 6, 2013 via mobile

What an incredible building. I've been coming to the arena since 2007 as a Devils season ticket holder and I love it. It is definitely a step up from the Meadowlands, which is nostalgic in its own rite. 'The Rock' is a new building with all amenities. A ton if various foods and snacks are available, esp the bbq pork near sec 130. The double concourse leaves enough room during intermissions to walk around. But one of the best features it has to offer is the display of hockey jerseys from all of the different high schools across the state of New Jersey. There is more than just hockey, all kinds of events take place there, MMA, WWE, ice capades, and a lot of concerts. Super friendly staff makes it fun as well.

Reviewed November 29, 2013

Having visited the Prudential Center for several events, I can honestly state that the Pru Center is a worthwhile adventure. I got to see top notch performances in a relatively well maintained building. Like every other concert and sports event, the tickets are expensive if you wish to sit close to the stage or near the center of the action but the seats are comfy, the lighting is good and the screens are huge enough to see everything. Parking is costly but still less than a trip to NYC plus parking and their customer service, so far, has been friendly. I definitely would visit the Pru whenever I want to see an entertainer or a sports event.

Reviewed November 16, 2013

Travelled from the UK to see the Josh Groban "In The Round" concert. Didn't really know what to expect but our experience from start to finish was wonderful. Our tickets were waiting for us at the box office which having travelled 3000 miles was a great relief. Although there was quite tight security on entry it was all very efficient and the staff were extremely polite. Once inside, the venue is brilliant. I was amazed at how clean everywhere is. We had drinks at the Ice Bar which again was serviced with very friendly staff and by UK standards the drinks were very reasonably priced. The seating was great - lots of leg room and extremely comfortable. And the view and acoustics were out of this world. It helps when you are watching a world class artist but the sound was HD standard. The transit from Manhattan was extremely efficient and the location just a short walk from Penn Street Station. We will probably not have the opportunity to see anything else at this venue but will have lasting happy memories of this visit.

1  Thank KJR10000
Reviewed November 10, 2013

If you don't mind very crowded areas, then this place is great. It's a nice facility, the food there is good (not 5 star good, but that's not what I was expecting anyways). Watching a Rangers/Devils game here was fun. However, the seats were small, and can kind of get uncomfortable sometimes. Other than that, it was great.

Reviewed November 5, 2013

Visited here back in 2007 to see Bon Jovi on the first date of their world tour. We came all the way over from Newcastle upon Tyne in England and we weren't impressed. It put British music venues to shame. I've never been in a bigger venue in all my life! The sound carried well and Bon Jovi were great. Food on offer was good, too. Our seats were rather close to the back but we enjoyed ourselves, regardless.

Been to Prudential Center? Share your experiences!