“Worst place that I have ever eaten in” 1 of 5 bubbles

Garden State Diner
Ranked #246 of 568 Restaurants in Newark
Cuisines: American, Diner, Bar, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Newark Airport and Port Newark
Dublin
“Worst place that I have ever eaten in”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

I went here with my wife and we both found it to be the worst place we have ever eaten in.

First of all, all the staff were standing around talking and it took 2-3 minutes for us to get seated. The table was filthy. One of the staff came over to clean it after I asked and simply rubbed a napkin over it. I had to use water and a napkin myself to clean in properly.

The waiter who served us was extremely rude. He was more interest in comparing tattoos with a woman sitting near us that he got both our orders wrong. He forgot to bring the drink, and when I asked he said he'd get it, and never did. I had to ask another member of staff.

The food itself was average at best. I did not finish it.

When I went up to pay for the food, a different member of staff actually physically pushed me out of his way to get by instead of simply asking me to move. I was waiting for about 5 minutes for someone to even serve me.

I have never eaten anywhere or gone anywhere where the staff were so rude.

• Visited October 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

“Best in Newark airport”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

I tried several places in the Newark airport but this is certainly the best . Good food , good selection , prices are good and the service is good also .

Plus the service is quick if you are rushed .

Great place . I certainly recommend it .

3 Thank Mike T
Bury, United Kingdom
“Best airport eatery.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

We have eaten at this airport diner twice before boarding our flight and the meal has been great on both occasions. I had gyro and pita bread while my husband had a burger. They were both really fresh and tasty, the service was quick and everyone was really friendly and polite.
One of the best airport eateries I have ever been in.

“What A Great Airport Restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

I never expected decent diner food at an airport, but Newark has this little gem. Almost makes me want to ply into Newark next time I go to NYC.

Visited November 2012
Denver, Colorado
“Can't beat it for a diner at an airport!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2012

Have eaten breakfast here a couple of times now and it's been very good each time. Service was quick and efficient and I had my meal in 10 minutes or less. I had the Ham and eggs breakfast and it was very good. The portions were nice and the ham was a ham steak slice as compared to the pressed ham you sometimes get. Very tasty home fries and toast cam with the order and it was right around $12 ! I've only eaten breakfast here so I can't review on the lunch/dinner foods. If you're in Newark and need breakfast...go here!

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Been to Garden State Diner? Share your experiences!