“Nice, Quiet, Near NYC.....”

Best Western Plus Murray Hill Hotel & Suites
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in New Providence
Lakeland, Florida
“Nice, Quiet, Near NYC.....”
Reviewed September 7, 2011

We stumbled on the Best Western Plus Murray Hill Inn & Suites while looking for a place to spend the night on the way to NYC. While driving along I-78 we didn't see a single sign of any sort that would lead us to believe there was any sort of lodging (or any other business, for that matter) in the area, so we pulled off and used the GPS to look for motels.

We were pleasantly surprised at the nice, landscaped apprearance of the place. Check in was quick with a friendly front desk clerk. The rate was more reasonable.

We were given room #117, which was close to a side door with parking just outside.

The room was spacious, nicely decorated, well maintained, and neat as a pin. It included a wet bar with sink. Bathroom was equally spacious and well apointed.

The rate included the standard breakfast buffet, whch turned out to be the best of it's kind that we'd encountered in some time. Plenty of fresh hot items in addition to the standard cereal and fruit. Hard boiled eggs were a plus. Served in their sit-down restaurant, which was plush and quiet.

On the whole, a nice stay in quiet surroundings.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
New Providence, New Jersey
Reviewed August 21, 2011

We stayed there for about 4 weeks because of a house fire and let me tell you everyone was so accommodating. We ranged in age from 81y.o. to 10y.o. there were 5 of us they made sure we had adjoining rooms and everything you could imagine. All the staff from Kerry Lee the manager to the front end person, Blanche, to the restaurant staff even housekeeping was so sensitive to what we were going through and really made a difference in all of our lives at an extremely difficult time. They couldn't do enough. We really got to see the day to day operations and let me tell you they treat everyone GREAT!!!! Thank you all!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Califon, New Jersey
Reviewed February 1, 2011

Having traveled the U.S. and Europe for research and leisure the past fity years I have stayed in dozens of hotels, motels, b&bs, and inns. Recently I have come to rely on TripAdvisor almost exclusively for securing a sense of a place to stay and only write a review when I differ from the preponderance of other reviewers. Put briefly during a snow/ice storm I needed to stay near a medical facility near this inn and hesitated due to several negative reviews. I can attest to a large room, remarkably, well furnished, clean and a fine bathroom. The staff that proved most responsive to several calls made by my wife regarding scheduling changes at the medical facility, searched for me at her request , and gladly obliged without charge when I shortened my stay. The final touch: As I began to scrape the ice that covered my car windows an employee walking by offered his services. I gladly accepted.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed January 11, 2011

Quaint 2-story Best Western located close to Alcatel-Lucent. Very quiet rooms which I really like. A solid 3 star hotel. The service at the front desk was the most stand-out piece... very helpful on working adjustments for our colleagues and with restaurant recommendations.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank wemarionFishnGolf
New Jersey
Reviewed January 4, 2010

The hotel was is very quaint & friendly. I appreciated, especially for the price, the upgraded bedding, new carpeting and the kitchenette. My husband and I stayed there NYE and attended the party in their restaurant "Ponte Vecchio" which was also a wonderful treat with a live Jazz band. We truely enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
NY
Reviewed August 12, 2009

We ended up checking out early and driving home rather than spending the night.

We booked a room since we were attending a local event. We arrived at the hotel and there was nobody at the front desk. After about 5 minutes someone arrived and checked us in. We went to the room and there was a horrible mildew smell (my guess is a flooded carpet that was never aired out). Unfortunately even with the air vents on high the room didnt air out even after several hours. A few minor annoyances in addition to the smell: cigarette burns on the blankets of our "non smoking" room, hair on the floor and sink in the bathroom, etc. I wasn't expecting a high class hotel but I really prefer having a bathroom that was actually cleaned prior to my arrival.

The beds were uncomfortable and the walls were paper thin. Eventually we decided to check out and go home early. Once again there was nobody at the front desk. The phone lines were ringing constantly and nobody was around. After another 5 minute wait someone came and took our key and continuted to ignore the ringing phones. I explained that we were leaving early and the woman made no effort to even ask if there was a problem with the room. She simply said "it's prepaid. you're good" and walked away.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank needcoffeeinny
Mumbai
Reviewed June 1, 2009

I recently had the opportunity to see the Best Western Hotel at Murray Hill, NJ. It is certainly much cozy & comfortable compared to other similar category hotels. The hotel is magnificent & services incredible. Breakfast was lovely with huge varieties of cheeses fruit pastries corissants etc etc. The rates are not expensive and everything just fabulous. . Restaurants are great. Also the hotel provides shuttle services to areas close to it which is very convenient for movements within NJ .. Overall a great experience.

• Liked — |Spacious rooms & gardens
  • Disliked — Nothing I could figure out !!
  • Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near New Providence
#1 of 1 in Kenilworth
Hilton Short Hills
Hilton Short Hills
#1 of 1 in Short Hills

Been to Best Western Plus Murray Hill Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!