“warm & inviting”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in New Egypt
Inn at Laurita Winery
Ranked #1 of 1 New Egypt B&B and Inns
Red Bank, NJ
“warm & inviting”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

We were attending an event at the Laurita Winery and thought we would stay at the Inn. We were very pleasantly surprised at how nice the Inn is. It is a beautiful place, very well maintained & very clean. Janis is a wonderful innkeeper. She was very friendly & hospitable. She showed us around the whole inn & made us feel welcome. All the rooms have different themes, and each is appealing in it's own way - it's hard to decide which one you like best. Breakfast was delicious & we enjoyed the view of the horses from the equestrian center next door. We had a great time & will definitely go back. The only thing we suggest is changing checkout time from 11am to 12noon.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
LauritaInn, Manager at Inn at Laurita Winery, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
I am so glad you both had a wonderful time! You are a sweet couple who know how to have fun. I'd like to see some pictures while you were at the event the next time you stay with us.
It is hard to make a choice on the rooms, isn't it? As you go from room to room you like the next one even better. I know you would like the Equestrian room next time, We could do that. :)
Thanks for really enjoying my breakfast. I made a traditional Irish Breakfast that weekend for St Pattys Day. We had bangers, potatoes, fried eggs, grilled tomatoes, Brown Irish Soda Bread and buttermilk scones. (with and with-out raisins) plus our continental light buffet. I'm glad you left the inn happy and full. It makes me happy when my guests are happy.
I hope to see you again next month!

Janis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Floral Park, New York
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I would like to start my review with some great positives. First, the Innkeeper Janis, is warm and welcoming. She and her staff work very hard and you can tell by how clean and well kept the rooms and general areas were. The room was exactly as described, we stayed in the Americana. The bed and sheets were welcoming and very comfortable. Shower and jet tub worked great and there were plenty of towels and shampoo.

As Janis welcomed us, she gave us a tour. She showed us snacks and toiletries at our disposal should we need anything. She explained everything about the Inn.

Breakfast was not the traditional B&B style, but the wait staff and coffee were good. There is not a choice of foods to eat, They have a set breakfast which is served on one plate. There were cajun eggs (2) and spicey sausage (1 link) and about 1/8 cup of grits placed on our plate. I can't eat spicey food, so they accomodated me with scrambled eggs. There was yogurt and fresh fruit. They had fesh coffee cake and homemade bread.

I'm very use to being spoiled at a B&B with breakfast. I would highly recommend that they include other items on the breakfast menu - like pancakes, waffles, specail creams, etc. My husband was very unsatisfied with two egs and 1 piece of sausage. I recommend maybe bacon or something that is different than other places. My husband and I go out of our way to stay in a B&B that served fresh whipped cream and fruit and offered a variety of breakfast muffins and cookies. They should create something that is special to the Inn.

Janis had given us complimentary wine tasting coupons for Laurita Winery. This winery is less than a half mile away from Inn.

The outlets are less than 10 miles away and we enjoyed going there and shopping. We went to Columbus Flea Market and bought a bottle of Jersey Fire wine that is mixed with Brandy. The Flea market had open booths and was pretty big with an Amish market in the middle of it.

Overall, the Inn is so sweet and quaint. Within a 30 minute drive, there are many activies and sites to be seen. We wish them all the best and will see them again when we are in the New Egypt area.

Room Tip: They have about 8 rooms. They all have a jet tub in them, but there is a larger room with a large j...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Linda21pro
As the new innkeeper, I would like to thank you for such a nice review that is so full of information for our future guests!
I'm so glad that you both were able to take advantage of our last minute special and complementary wine tastings for two. But most importantly you were able to get away for a fun filled evening!!
The Laurita Winery was having their Mardi Gras festivities that weekend, and I thought it would be fun to have a traditional New Oleans breakfast. I made a famous dish called Eggs Sardou which consists of two poched eggs over creamed spinach in a New Orleans Bechamel sauce with sliced artichokes, and topped with their special Hollandaise sauce. I served it with a country spiced sausage seasoned with cinnamon, cumin, nutmeg, and chili powder and a portiion of southern grits. I was glad to hear that our guests really enjoyed it. But I would like to thank you for bringing to my attention that not everyone may care for my special dishes, and that I should have another yummy breakfast choice for them to choose from. I plan on doing that for all future breakfasts. Thank you :)
The Winery will be having many events this year, I hope to see you both again soon.

Janis
Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

We felt so comfortable and cared for at the Inn. Andrea and Gerry offered a perfect level of welcome and privacy, along with a beautifully presented breakfast. We stayed in the "Shall we dance" room, which was very nicely appointed. The setting adds to the ambiance, complete with a horse grazing in a nearby pasture. I also appreciated all the small touches--readily available water bottles and coffee, etc. we definitely recommend this B&B!

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank MarthaMBell
LauritaInn, Manager at Inn at Laurita Winery, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Thank you so much Martha! These words mean so much as we strive to make everyone's stay as you wrote. We love serving you! Peace
Ocean City, New Jersey
Reviewed November 18, 2012

We took advantage of the fall special with first night at full price and second night 50% off. The inn was lightly booked and it was very peaceful there. We loved the sitting areas and the availability of coffee, tea, water, juices, whenever you want. Breakfast was a delight. What a beautiful atmosphere in the breakfast room. Andrea and Gerry are a delightful couple and we wish them much success. Highly recommend a visit here.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank djbb5293
LauritaInn, Manager at Inn at Laurita Winery, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Thank you so much! We truly loved serving you and love that you felt the beauty and peacefulness of the Inn that we try to exude! Hope to see you again! Peace!
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed November 18, 2012

We originally booked with the prior inkeeper, who cheerfully accepted our two young kids and offered us a military discount because my husband is active-duty army. Then there was a change in innkeepers (but not a change in owners), and after the new inkeepers "found out" we were bringing kids, they cancelled our reservation. After I complained that I booked flights around the dates I could get at the inn to coordinate with an event we were attending at the winery, they decided to keep our reservation. Then they said that they didn't offer a military discount - normally that would be fine, but not after the inn already agreed to the discount at booking. After I complained again they decided to honor the discount. So, before we even checked in, I was a little leary about the service we might be receiving, and unfortunately there were indeed some oversights. We were checked into a room where one window shade was broken, and we found the prior occupants dress on the back of our door. As the inkeeper checked us into the room, he apologized for the broken window shade and complained about the prior wedding party who also had kids (nice, we feel so welcome). But, with that said, the house was really a pretty place, and breakfast was delightful. And yes, thank goodness, our kids were well-behaved despite it now being a non-kidfriendly establishment. Nice place, I just wish the new inkeepers exuded the same graceful hospitality as the old. We had fun simply due to other family members staying at the inn, but we really didn't feel terribly welcome.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank ChelleC1234
Tabernacle, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed November 14, 2012

When you stay here, pay particular attention to the many and varied rules and regulations imposed by the innkeepers. Our stay was less than enjoyable because the innkeepers were less than hospitable. For example, if you book a room with a trundle, make sure you actually pay for the use of that trundle! Don't let anyone in your party walk in prior to the 3:00 time or you will be charged. Oh, and don't have your wedding party stay here - the innkeepers have children and don't like late noise. However, the venue and the food were acceptable.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Renee H
Marlton,NJ
Reviewed October 25, 2012

My GF and I went away for a quick fall over night get away to New Egypt,NJ to visit the Vineyard and fall /harvest festival . We arrived at 2;00pm and were told rooms were not ready yet . We headed to the vineyard that was very close to the B&B and had a great time just walking around listening to music and of course wine tasting !
We went back to the B&B and checked in to our room . It was exactly the way it looked on the internet . The room was large and the bath room was even larger !. We were a lot dissapointed however that none of the staff checked the toilet because it had a very un pleasant and disgusting clog waiting for us ! ughhhh . Once I used the plunger ,gag we put that behind us and enjoyed the fire place and quiet conversation . The next PROBLEM we now encountered was the couple next to us at 5;30 in the moring vocalizing her extreme erotic pleasure !!!. We are not prudes by any immagination but three times in a few hours ! Really !!!!
After we got some rest from this audio show we headed down stairs and had a very cozy lite breakfast before we checked out 11:15 am sharp !. The outlets are not far in Jackson and were nice to shop in

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
#5 of 11 in Bordentown
Days Inn Wrightstown
Days Inn Wrightstown
#2 of 6 in Wrightstown

Been to Inn at Laurita Winery? Share your experiences!