“Stayed for son's wedding on July 30th 2011”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in New Egypt
Inn at Laurita Winery
Ranked #1 of 1 New Egypt B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 12, 2011

This is one of the most loveliest places I have stayed in. I was there for two nights for my son's wedding at the Laurita Winery. The B&B is amazing, the rooms are gorgeous and so individual. The grounds and gardens are beautiful. The whole feel of the place is peace and quiet. The breakfasts were amazing. All in all it was just perfect and I hope to go back one day. I would recommend this place to anyone, it is fantastic.

Ann Spary
UK

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank AnnKB

Reviewed July 29, 2011

Stayed here one night (Saturday) to take advantage of an event at the winery down the road and troll some of the farm stands for fresh jersey corn and tomatoes.
The Inn is clean and well decorated and the 2 women who we interacted with were helpful and lovely.

Pros:
available to book for a single night, no two night minimum
lots of porches and lounge areas to sit and read a book. Pretty views of horse farms and a beautiful outdoor area in the back of the house with a fire pit.
snacks and coffee/drinks available throughout the day
About 1.5 hours from NYC
If you combine it with a visit to the winery for an event you've got yourself a pleasant destination. Its also close (30-40 minutes) to the shore - although we did not go in that direction.
air conditioning worked great and bed was comfy.

Cons:
A bit expensive - we stayed in the least expensive and smallest room at $200 a night
Our room was adjacent to the living area and other guests were up later playing cards right outside - we could hear every word of their conversation.
Not a lot of higher end dining options in the area
bath products were no-name basics - I was surprised at this.

Breakfast was typical inn food - starting with fruit and yogurt and then on to bacon and sausage and french toast.

If you've never been, this is a pretty area of new jersey. The blueberry pie from Emery's, just down the road a piece, was outstanding.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 12, 2011

This B&B is a true gem!! My sister and I stayed at the Dancer Farm as a part of a wedding party. Each room was decorated according to a different theme- our room was 1950's movie themed. The decor was absolutely adorable and it is evident that a great amount of time and care was taken into the design and decor of the room. The room was very comfortable, warm, and welcoming. The bathroom was gorgeous and the shower was absolutely wonderful, equipped with several shower jets. The view from the bathroom window was absolutely breathtaking, as were the views from all of the bedroom windows. Breakfast in the morning was to die for- the bacon and sausage was honestly the best I have tasted in a very long time. The service was wonderful, and the inkeeper was extremely friendly and welcoming. She was also very helpful when I inquired about the Dancer Farm further prior to check-out. The Dancer Farm is a rare find- perfect for a quiet, romantic weekend away. Love it!! I can't say enough wonderful things about the Dancer Farm!!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank kehern
Reviewed July 12, 2011

Stayed for two nights at the Dancer Farm for my best friend's wedding - the service was IMMPECCABLE. Diana, the inkeeper, and her staff could not do enough for us. There is SUCH attention to detail at this inn. Each room is different, and beautifully appointed. The shower was to die for, with jetts coming out of the wall. I truly could have stayed in the shower the entire time I was there.
The location is down the street from the Laurita Winery, but other than that and a small town nearby, there really is not much around; which is great if you're looking for a quiet, quick getaway, as you will not feel like you're in NJ!
The breakfast was absolutely phenomenal - I cannot say a single bad thing about Dancer Farm - I can't wait to stay there again!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 27, 2011

We stayed for my wife's birthday. It was a surprise, she had heard good things about the Inn and had wanted to go for a long time.
From the time you walk in the door until the time you leave you will notice the attention to detail provided for the guests. The Inn is spotless and chock full of antiques. The Innkeeper Diana is more than happy to provide a tour and explain the interior and surrounding grounds. Diana has an abundent energy and a passion for the Inn that will leave you feeling welcome and realxed. After settling into your room you will find the blend of modern day and past at the Inn are the perfect combo to forget all your troubles and enjoy yourself completely.
We stayed in room 4 "Romance in the Air". A very nice room. I would recommend it highly.
If you go before winter choose a room with a balcony. The fresh air and birds singing all around you will make it worth while.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mjbesgin
Reviewed April 18, 2011

My husband surprised me with an overnight stay at the Dancer Farm Bed and Breakfast for our 26th anniversary. We always try to celebrate on the actual day and even though we worked a 12 hour day, and had to drive in the pouring rain to get there, it was sooo worth it! Upon arrival we were greeted by the inn keeper who gave us a tour of the grand inn and detailed some of the very interesting antique pieces that are in the "home" including a piece that had belonged to Ed Sullivan. We stayed in the "Romance is in the Air" suite which was wonderful. Very spacious with a fireplace, jacuzzi tub for two and beautiful furnishings. There are ten rooms to choose from and each one has it's own unique character and furnishings. The beach room has a staircase to a loft. All rooms have private bathrooms. Most have a fireplace and a separate seating area with a sofa near the TV.
There is a wonderful sitting parlor on the second floor where it would be great to enjoy wine with friends. AND, that would be easy because Laurita Winery is just a half a mile away. Unfortunately it's closed on Tuesday and Wed. which is when we were there so we have to go back!
Breakfast is a wonderful experience. We had amazing cinnamon apples and french toast made from delicious bread from the Amish market. A wonderful array of fresh fruits served with yogurt, sausage, bacon, fresh juice, coffee, tea... You could not possibly walk away hungry, I would recommend this B & B for a charming getaway. There is much more info to be gathered on-line.

Room Tip: On-line photos and descriptions of all rooms.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded April 21, 2011

Thank you for allowing us to be a part of your anniversary getaway and this review. The owners put much thought and care into the rennovation from history-laden farmhouse into a Winery Inn. It's first and second innkeepers and their staff have lovingly maintained it these past nine years. It's so wonderful when our guests appreciate and enjoy the opportunities offered here to relax, renew and reconnect, which can include learning about the history of the Inn and its relationship to the surrounding countryside. Thanks again.

Reviewed February 25, 2011

Dancer farms bed and breakfast is a beautiful inn to stay at for any occasion. We came on a Thursday in February and were the only people staying at the inn for the night which was nice since it was so quiet! The innkeeper, Diana allowed us to check out all of the rooms which were all very beautiful and unique. I told my boyfriend I already know which room I want to stay in next time. We headed over to Laurita winery to enjoy some wine before dinner by the fireplace then went to dinner that night in a nearby town. Breakfast the next morning was delicious! Diana prepared fresh fruit with yogurt as our first course. Then she made apple cinnamon french toast using bread she purchased from the local Amish market and served it with warm cinnamon apples, bacon, and sausage. It was delicious! I highly recommend this B and B for a relaxing get away. Both the building and the innkepper provide a warm, welcoming, inviting setting and a delightful experience. (Also, although the building is comprised of historic artifacts, the facilities are still modernized and updated so it was both picturesque and comfortable)

• Stayed: February 2011

Been to Inn at Laurita Winery? Share your experiences!