Hyatt Regency New Brunswick
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in New Brunswick
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed August 16, 2007

I attended a conference at the hotel on 8/12 and decided to stay over. The ballrooms we used during the conference were great. Clean and ready to accomodate a corporate function or a wedding reception. The food was also great. The front desk staff was super helpful and check-in was effortless. After a long day, I opened the door to my room and it was immaculate. The bed was comfortable and the room decor was very inviting. My only complaint? Check out was at noon but houskeeping came to my room at 8:10am! Not a major issue but I think they should start just a little later to allow for those guests who are trying to sleep in. But that certainly wouldn't stop me from staying there again AND I'd refer my clients in that area to use the Hyatt as well for functions and events.

Stayed: August 2007
1  Thank Sasha1025

Reviewed July 15, 2007

This is an very well run hotel. This was a sudden trip and we were not certain what to expect from this property. From the reservations (clear,helpful & honest) to check in(warm, truly friendly greeting) to the bellstaff (who were gracious,warm and seemed genuinely pleased that we were guests). The room was above average and had nice amenities, At check out the doorman/bellman was particularly warm and helpful.The value to price ratio was very strong.This is nice gem of a hotel hidden in New Brunswick. It is highly recommended. An added plus for those travelling to the Princeton area is that it offers many more options and is only a short 20 minutes down Route 1. Be sure to ask about the several really enjoyable restaurants just 1 to 2 blocks away.The recommendations for dinner were perfect.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank Quality First
Reviewed May 13, 2007

I travel a great deal for business and pleasure, and this is the best four-star hotel I have stayed at in the U.S. Service was spectacular. There's no business center (although there is wireless), so I asked the front desk where I could find a nearby Kinko's. They offered to let me use the computer/printer in the back for free.

Front desk staff was always helpful. Someone was smoking in their room on the non-smoking floor. We mentioned it to the front desk staff, and they said they would take care of it immediately. They meant it. I overheard the front desk worker asking security to check it out. When we got back from going out, the smell was gone and someone had clearly sprayed something to cover up the bad smell. Pool and jacuzzi were nice and empty.

We got the government rate business plan ($129/night), which included the continental breakfast. It was very good. We were arrived late one morning, they immediately offered to allow us to order anything we wanted off the menu at no extra cost.

Rooms are spacious. King bed, sofa, arm chair, and coffee table. Views were nice. Garage parking (normally $13/day) next door was waived for the conference.

Walking distance to all the nicest restaurants/theatre in New Brunswick. The city of New Brunswick leaves much to be desired, although this hotel in the revitalized area. Two blocks to the train station: one-hour, $9 one-way train ride into Manhattan.

Great stay! Keep up the good work and please teach your terrible counterparts in the Hyatt Arlington, VA how to do business.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled on business
Reviewed April 9, 2007

When I was there, this was a nice, clean hotel in New Brunswick, which isn't the nicest and cleanest of towns.

Check-in was pretty good, and the facilities seemed well-kept. I explained at check-in I would not be parking at the hotel as I didn't have a car with me.

However, on check-out I noticed a "self-parking fee" on my bill. This left a bad taste in my mouth--I was being charged for not parking at the hotel! Even if I'd had a car with me and had parked on the street, how is such a charge even legal? (Can a hotel charge guests a "self-carrying fee" for carrying their own bags?) I wonder how many guests just don't notice the charge and it slips by...whatever the explanation, I found this practice sleazy and not befitting a hotel of this name and standard.

Also, Sunday I had late check-out at 2:00; at 2:01, a person who I assumed to be the manager of housecleaning was at my door knocking and shouting through the door that I needed to leave immediately, as my late check-out privileges were expired. I've stayed in many places of many different standards, and had late check-out dozens of times, but I'd never experienced such rudeness. He left a bad impression, so poor that I won't return.

2  Thank Globespotter
Reviewed January 13, 2007

I used to come to this hotel regularly because of my business in the area. Right now (January 2007) the hotel is undergoing renovations which make the stay unbearable. Key systems (such as air conditioning) are not working right; there is no lobby area; this is a total disaster.

I have been booked to stay at this hotel by the company with which I am doing business, but will ask to be booked elsewhere until the renovations are done. Right now this hotel is unsuited for human occupation and is a blot on Hyatt's reputation.

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled on business
2  Thank Reuel_Tidhar
Reviewed November 6, 2006

I was at a convention on Nov 6,2006.

Pros
The bed was wonderful and provided a good nights sleep. There were plenty of pillows and a 35' LCD television.
Parking was $6.00 but no in/out priviledges or valet
There were extremely limited sportscable channels on tv in room

Cons
The sports bar had no basketball games

Overall
A very good stay and would utilize this hyatt again

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled on business
Reviewed September 19, 2006

Just returned from a one night stay at this hotel.

Pros:
The best thing about this hotel is the location. It is in a nice area where you can walk to get food as well as to catch the train. There are a lot of college students out walking at all times of the evening. It is close to Rutgers. I was a single traveler and I felt totally safe. I also felt safe parking in the adjacent parking garage. The hotel staff was friendly as they allowed me to use the Johnson and Johnson business center as long and as much as I wanted with no charge for the computer or the printer. The rooms are tastefully appointed with nice linen and lovely accent pillows.

Cons:
My room had a few ants in the bathroom and hair on the floor. I was so exhausted as I did not arrive until 10pm, that I ignored it and went to bed. Also, I was there attending the conference. The food at the conference was just okay, nothing to write home about. The A/C never seemed to get cold enough. The walls are a little thin as I heard the guy next door as well as the people upstairs in the wee hours of the am. Also, there is not valet parking.

I would stay here again for the location and if the price was right.

Stayed: August 2006
Also consider these accommodations in or near New Brunswick
The Heldrich Hotel & Conference Center
Hilton East Brunswick Hotel & Executive Meeting Center
Hampton Inn North Brunswick/New Brunswick
Rutgers University Inn and Conference Center
Holiday Inn Express Tower Center New Brunswick
Embassy Suites by Hilton Piscataway - Somerset

Been to Hyatt Regency New Brunswick? Share your experiences!