“The best hotel in New Brunswick”

Hyatt Regency New Brunswick
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in New Brunswick
GreenLeadersBronze level
Groton, Connecticut
“The best hotel in New Brunswick”
Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

This hotel was one of the best I have stayed at in a long time. I have been here twice now and both times I have had phenomenal service, not only do the treat their guests with the up most respect but they make you feel like old friends. If you are thinking of staying somewhere else dont the Hyatt is the only place to stay in New Brunswick.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Smyrna
Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

Stopped in on way home from nyc after 4th of July fireworks. The staff was awesome. Made you feel welcome. The gentleman was going out of his way for a guest trying to locate Chinese food at 1115 p on juky 4th.

Checked in ti a double room. My son never woke up, stayed comfortably asleeptil 830am. Very pleased to see disney junior.

Well done on the room cleanliness and comfortable beds and spacious bathroom. Would recommend to all in any circumstance.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Trumbull, Connecticut
Reviewed July 5, 2014

I stay here once a year for an event. Every year, the staff is amazing. Very friendly and helpful. I have no issues with the rooms. Beds are comfortable. I did have a friend who had mold in the bath that was affecting her allergies, but she was quickly moved. Be careful if you use the grand stairs, they can be slippery. The A/C is pumped, which is great for the ballroom, but keep a sweater with you for the rest of the hotel. Room temps are easily controlled.
Only bad part of our visit were the new towels. When I first touched, I thought, "Wow, nice and soft!" Little did I know they were brand new and unwashed... I and my roommates had white fuzz all over our bodies, all day - and I mean ALL over!

Room Tip: Even numbered rooms are much bigger (at least on the 2nd floor)
Green Features: I saw some rooms had "fresh air" labels - would be ideal if they all were. I think you pay more for them. Fresh air would be nice...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 1, 2014

I will first say that the staff are very well trained. Polite, professional and courteous!

The hotel lobby is fine. The bar and lounge area are very nice. My problem is with the rooms.

I was booking a room for my self and my 2 sisters. I called ahead to confirm that the beds in the Double rooms would be large enough 2 adults. I was assured they would be. They are not!

The entire room was small. It had furniture that had chunks missing from the dresser/ desk piece of furniture. It had tacky gold knobs all over it, even places there were not draws. It just looked shabby. Where did they get the furniture...the Salvation Army?

The wall paper was curling away from the walls as well.

Certainly not a room that feels welcoming to return to!

I just felt ripped off for what I paid. The "hotel" room felt more like a motel room. It was over $220. I responded to a survey and the Hyatt did email me back. They acknowledged that they encouraging the owners renovated. Well if you know it is shabby why is it over $200?

This was the first time I stayed at a Hyatt. I had just joined the loyalty program. I certainly will not return to this Hyatt....I may never stay at another one again!

Kudos to the staff...they were great!

Room Tip: Try another hotel if the appearance of the room is your concern. Certainly don't stay in room 3...
Green Features: Not a good enough reason to return to this hotel. Great that you care about the environment. I cared about the environment of my room. It is tacky to have broken furniture!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank joanneg212
Washington, DC
Reviewed June 29, 2014

I stayed here between business trips in other locations and it turned out to be a great choice. The hotel itself is very nice with comfortable chair and sofa, great bed, and good views (best if on an upper floor). Tv is great--all HD channels and good location to see from bed or sofa. (Also can set aspect ratio to avoid the annoying stretched-out pictures some tv's have.)
The front desk gave out a very useful map of the area--which is one of the highlights of the hotel--it's location. There are plenty of things within a few blocks--restaurants (both fast food and high-end), theaters, and stores (drug and convenience stores). Plenty of people out and about so felt safe and friendly.
The service at the hotel was great and the food in the restaurant was good. The parking garage is very convenient--attached to the hotel. A great choice when staying in the area.

Room Tip: Upper floors have a very nice view.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
HR_NB, Manager at Hyatt Regency New Brunswick, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Good day,

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your travel schedule to write such a pleasing review of the hotel. We truly appreciate your feedback and enthusiasm for the property. We look forward to see you again soon.

Safe Travels!
Maryland Heights, Missouri
Reviewed June 23, 2014

Good morning Hyatt New Brunswick, NJ! I stayed at this location and it was the best Customer Service giving to me in my lifetime by a lady name Terry at the front desk. I have stayed in very expensive hotels all over the world but no one can beat the service that Terry gave us. She was just amazing, caring, and very attentive to my needs and my friends needs. Thank you to her and the rest of the hotel staff.

Thank you again, I hope to see you soon.

Steffie and friends

Room Tip: I will ask for the city view and higher floor next time.
Green Features: I would be going back soon and I recommend for everyone to stay at this Hyatt. I just Loved it!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
HR_NB, Manager at Hyatt Regency New Brunswick, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Good day, I have shared your exhilarating comments with Terry and the whole team. Needless to say we are extremely proud of her and we truly recognize how lucky we are to have her as a key part of the hotels team.

Thank you again and we hope to see you soon!!
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed June 21, 2014

It has been a while since I've stayed at this Hyatt property. It is relateively small (288) rooms but handy for our organization's meetings every few months. Our crowd is demanding, but the hotel knows us. Alone in the fitness room, I felt the equipment was clean and respected. The only thing I would fault is the super cold hallways and meeting rooms

Room Tip: One side faces the tollway. The other side is quieter. The local train station is 1 1/2 blocks away...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Thank you very much for your great feedback. I am very glad you enjoyed your stay at the hotel. I also wanted to thank you for bring up the temperature in the hallways, I will be having the hotels Director of Engineering check this right away.

We hope to have you back soon!

Safe travels!
Also consider these accommodations in or near New Brunswick
The Heldrich Hotel & Conference Center
Hilton East Brunswick Hotel & Executive Meeting Center
Rutgers University Inn and Conference Center
Hampton Inn North Brunswick/New Brunswick
Holiday Inn Express Tower Center New Brunswick
Hilton Garden Inn Edison/Raritan Center

Been to Hyatt Regency New Brunswick? Share your experiences!