“Wonderful customer service. Sub par rooms!”

Hyatt Regency New Brunswick
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in New Brunswick
GreenLeadersBronze level
New York City, New York
“Wonderful customer service. Sub par rooms!”
Reviewed July 1, 2014

I will first say that the staff are very well trained. Polite, professional and courteous!

The hotel lobby is fine. The bar and lounge area are very nice. My problem is with the rooms.

I was booking a room for my self and my 2 sisters. I called ahead to confirm that the beds in the Double rooms would be large enough 2 adults. I was assured they would be. They are not!

The entire room was small. It had furniture that had chunks missing from the dresser/ desk piece of furniture. It had tacky gold knobs all over it, even places there were not draws. It just looked shabby. Where did they get the furniture...the Salvation Army?

The wall paper was curling away from the walls as well.

Certainly not a room that feels welcoming to return to!

I just felt ripped off for what I paid. The "hotel" room felt more like a motel room. It was over $220. I responded to a survey and the Hyatt did email me back. They acknowledged that they encouraging the owners renovated. Well if you know it is shabby why is it over $200?

This was the first time I stayed at a Hyatt. I had just joined the loyalty program. I certainly will not return to this Hyatt....I may never stay at another one again!

Kudos to the staff...they were great!

Room Tip: Try another hotel if the appearance of the room is your concern. Certainly don't stay in room 3...
Green Features: Not a good enough reason to return to this hotel. Great that you care about the environment. I cared about the environment of my room. It is tacky to have broken furniture!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank joanneg212

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Washington, DC
Reviewed June 29, 2014

I stayed here between business trips in other locations and it turned out to be a great choice. The hotel itself is very nice with comfortable chair and sofa, great bed, and good views (best if on an upper floor). Tv is great--all HD channels and good location to see from bed or sofa. (Also can set aspect ratio to avoid the annoying stretched-out pictures some tv's have.)
The front desk gave out a very useful map of the area--which is one of the highlights of the hotel--it's location. There are plenty of things within a few blocks--restaurants (both fast food and high-end), theaters, and stores (drug and convenience stores). Plenty of people out and about so felt safe and friendly.
The service at the hotel was great and the food in the restaurant was good. The parking garage is very convenient--attached to the hotel. A great choice when staying in the area.

Room Tip: Upper floors have a very nice view.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
HR_NB, Manager at Hyatt Regency New Brunswick, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Good day,

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your travel schedule to write such a pleasing review of the hotel. We truly appreciate your feedback and enthusiasm for the property. We look forward to see you again soon.

Maryland Heights, Missouri
Reviewed June 23, 2014

Good morning Hyatt New Brunswick, NJ! I stayed at this location and it was the best Customer Service giving to me in my lifetime by a lady name Terry at the front desk. I have stayed in very expensive hotels all over the world but no one can beat the service that Terry gave us. She was just amazing, caring, and very attentive to my needs and my friends needs. Thank you to her and the rest of the hotel staff.

Thank you again, I hope to see you soon.

Steffie and friends

Room Tip: I will ask for the city view and higher floor next time.
Green Features: I would be going back soon and I recommend for everyone to stay at this Hyatt. I just Loved it!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
HR_NB, Manager at Hyatt Regency New Brunswick, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Good day, I have shared your exhilarating comments with Terry and the whole team. Needless to say we are extremely proud of her and we truly recognize how lucky we are to have her as a key part of the hotels team.

Thank you again and we hope to see you soon!!
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed June 21, 2014

It has been a while since I've stayed at this Hyatt property. It is relateively small (288) rooms but handy for our organization's meetings every few months. Our crowd is demanding, but the hotel knows us. Alone in the fitness room, I felt the equipment was clean and respected. The only thing I would fault is the super cold hallways and meeting rooms

Room Tip: One side faces the tollway. The other side is quieter. The local train station is 1 1/2 blocks away...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Thank you very much for your great feedback. I am very glad you enjoyed your stay at the hotel. I also wanted to thank you for bring up the temperature in the hallways, I will be having the hotels Director of Engineering check this right away.

We hope to have you back soon!

Safe travels!
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed June 15, 2014

Hotel was clean and in a great location. Easy and safe walk to many restaurants, clubs and parts of Rutgers campus. Fitness room well appointed along with a small indoor pool and hot tub. Would stay here again though a couple negatives: front desk clerk's command of English was poor so we had trouble understanding his instructions about the parking ($8 per night) and room details, the parking rate seemed high, the maid was unable to answer a question we had because of a language barrier and we ran back to the car to get our tennis rackets since there a sign on third floor when you get off the elevator directing you to a tennis court. Turns out the tennis court was replaced by solar panels "many, many years ago" according to staff member we encountered in hallway. May be time to update the 3rd floor sign. Would stay again .Very small negatives, though the inability to understand staff due to their poor English was becoming a problem as we had to spend time finding out the answers on our own.

Room Tip: some rooms have small, unfurnished balconies.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
HR_NB, Manager at Hyatt Regency New Brunswick, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Good day,

I just wanted to thank you for your respected feedback regarding your stay at the hotel. I am pleased to see there were some positives comments as well as some very valid points made. I am also sorry for any miscommunication given by the team that may have caused you any frustration.

We look forward to your return hopefully in the near future and if we can do anything better your stay please do not hesitate to reach out to any member of the team.

Guelph, Canada
Reviewed June 13, 2014

We stayed at this hotel as part of a bus tour of NYC. It was clean and comfortable and everything we could ask for. New Brunswick is such a cute town and this hotel is in a great location - close to restaurants and the train station. A direct trip from the Amtrak station a few blocks from the hotel right to Penn Station. The breakfast buffet was pretty good, although repetitive. All in all, a great place to stay,

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Good day,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am so very happy you enjoyed the area and the hotel. I will be sharing your kind words with the team today during their pre shift meetings.
We hope to have you back again soon.

Warsaw, Indiana
Reviewed June 10, 2014 via mobile

This is a great business hotel. It has all you need. Large flat screens in every room. It has a great bar downstairs and you can work and rest accordingly. Not much of a family hotel. Great restaurants around the zone.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
HR_NB, Manager at Hyatt Regency New Brunswick, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Good day,

We just wanted to thank you for your great review of the Hyatt Regency New Brunswick and we are truly glad you enjoyed your stay. Your comments are much appreciated and we hope to see you in the near future.

Safe travels!!!
Also consider these accommodations in or near New Brunswick
The Heldrich Hotel & Conference Center
Hilton East Brunswick Hotel & Executive Meeting Center
Hampton Inn North Brunswick/New Brunswick
Rutgers University Inn and Conference Center
Holiday Inn Express Tower Center New Brunswick
Hilton Garden Inn Edison/Raritan Center

Been to Hyatt Regency New Brunswick? Share your experiences!