“Nice hotel, nice rooms, good staff”

Hyatt Regency New Brunswick
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in New Brunswick
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Let's face it, in New Brunswick you are not going to get the best hotel in the world but you do want to find a clean room, with big comfortable beds, a nice bathroom and friendly staff. That's what this place is to a tee and this Christmas I will make sure I book it again.

Reasonably priced and a good stay.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Hyatt Regency New Brunswick

Reviewed September 23, 2013

We only stayed one night. I've stayed there in the past (about 10 years ago). Since then they did major renovations. The lobby is hideous. There is this dated grey marble all over the place, then there is a corner with a bunch of rocks on a gold color stone floor, the there is a stripe rug somewhere and then there silver globe light structures, silver molding around the windows, neon lights near the "lounge"/bar, bright furniture. It is like they went to a store and bought every decorating genre from 1999 and put it all in one location.
The rooms were tastefully decorated. Very typical updated smart hotel rooms. Clean. Originally we were put in room 577 but it was too far away from the elevator. So they were kind enough to move us to a different room. 335. 577 has a much better view and even has a bigger window. Room 335 has a small window and seems smaller. We checked in on a friday night and there was a police officer (or Rutgers security guard) on the 3rd floor. It felt safe. I think the Rutgers football team must have been staying there.
The location is very convenient to downtown New Brunswick. The staff was very friendly.

Room Tip: Rooms with better views are far from the elevator.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Spent a night here in September preparing for a meeting that was happening the next morning. Like the hotel, the room was big and clean, with a bath and shower. No mini bar (that I could find), although bottles of water, tea and coffee were laid-out. The staff were particularly pleasant and helpful, especially when I sought to make a meeting room book at 11.30pm for 7am the following morning (as all the meetings staff were already gone, the front desk sought-out the catering manager (I think) who checked the bookings and sorted everything for us). Didn't have a chance to step out the hotel and visit my immediate surroundings, but for a business hotel, was good.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Stayed here in June/July 2013 while on a four day bus trip to NYC. The hotel is very clean and up to date. The room we stayed in was modern, and the bed was amazingly comfortable!

The hotel is convenient to quite a few restaurants, and was a great base for our trip. The breakfasts were very tasty, and the staff were very friendly. Couldn't ask for more!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Good location I guess if u want to be in the area like Rutgers
Not good if you want to make day trips to NYC!
Hotel lobby was really nice!
Had to fight for details of my reservation that were previously confirmed
First room had carpet ripped out, red nasty stains. Really small
We went and switched it to a normal one so that was better but the bathroom in this room was angled and so hard to function in.
Our breakfast was free and thank god because its not worth $18!
Cemetery accross the st.
Can hear right through the walls too!
Our neighbours were listening to some loud tv and yelling in the morning :/

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank RNToronto
Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

Love this place .. Love the location ..love the rooms.. Love the sports bar food and ambiance ...
But most of all love the service .. Terry checked us in and she was worth the trip.. Very nice and pleasant ... She's a model of how all customer service reps should be!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Duckman2183
Reviewed August 25, 2013

I arrived hot and tired after taking the train in from Penn Station in NYC. Schlepping a heavy bag, I just waned to get to my room. To my dismay, the two check in clerks were pinned down with clients that were taking WAY too long. A bellman named Abye noticed me shifting back and forth on my feet and rolling my eyes . He asked me if I needed anything and when I told him I just wanted to get to my room, he went behind the desk and got the hotel manager to open a station and check me in. This is what call going the extra mile and I'm happy to say that service at the Hyatt stayed at a high level throughout my weekend stay. The rooms and lobby and restaurant are also nice, but my hat is off to the staff here for first rate service.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near New Brunswick
The Heldrich Hotel & Conference Center
Hilton East Brunswick Hotel & Executive Meeting Center
Hampton Inn North Brunswick/New Brunswick
Rutgers University Inn and Conference Center
Holiday Inn Express Tower Center New Brunswick
Embassy Suites by Hilton Piscataway - Somerset

Been to Hyatt Regency New Brunswick? Share your experiences!