“Great Hotel”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Richmond, Virginia
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

We traveled to from VA to visit New York but due to a reservation that went wrong with the Crowne Plaza in Edison New Jersey last minute plans were made to stay at this property. From the time we entered the front lobby we were treated with exceptional customer service. We had one unfortunate issue but the manager on duty Alex extended more exceptional customer service. The rooms were clean and decent and my stay along with my daughters could not of been better. I would recommed this hotel for all your stays while in New Brunswick, New Jersey!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Wilmington, NC
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I traveled to New Brunswick for an recruiting event at Rutgers. I chose the Hyatt Regency due to the familiar name and the proximity to the college. Overall, a good stay. My room didn't have functional air conditioning, but after contacting the front desk, they began work on it and gave me a very powerful standing fan to keep the room cool while I was waiting. By the following day, the air was up and running again just fine. My only problem? I opened the window when I was burning up, pollen came in, and I sneezed for the remainder of my stay.
The location is great - in walking distance of everything. My rental car only ended up serving as a portal to and from the airport - I could get to everything else easily. I could have even walked to the train station a block away and taken a ride to NYC.
The restaurant inside was somewhat expensive (as hotels tend to be), but the food was great. I ate breakfast there two of the three mornings I stayed. The full breakfast includes made-to-order omelets, which were wonderful! The spread was impressive and made the higher price tag worth it.
It seemed to be a popular place to hold conventions/meetings as I saw many people there with large groups.
I did use the gym and I was very impressed - all of the equipment was nice & clean - seemed pretty new, they did provide towels and they had a water dispenser in the facility with cold filtered water. The gym overlooked the indoor pool...wish I had paid more attention to the fact that there was an indoor pool - I would have planned my wardrobe accordingly for this trip.
Overall I was satisfied. The staff was polite, the food was good, and my room was nice. I'd stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the front of the hotel that face downtown get the afternoon sun and get very, very hot if t...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
High Point, NC
Reviewed May 1, 2013

This hotel is located in a great location if you want to be in downtown New Brunswick. It is very conveniently located within walking distance of many fine restaurants. We were in town for a wedding and it really fit the bill for this purpose. The shuttle took us to the church and the reception and back which really helped us out a lot. Also on the plus side, the food here, while pricey, was good. We ate some snacks in the bar and had breakfast the next morning. Both dining experiences were fine.

On the minus side, the room, especially the bathroom, was tired and needed remodeling. It wasn't up to the standards of a new Hampton Inn or Holiday Inn Express. And at those hotels you would have gotten free breakfast (which at the Hyatt cost about $100 for four people) and free parking (which cost $13 per night at this hotel.) Not a great value.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Edison, New Jersey
Reviewed April 27, 2013

We just attended a Charity Banquet at the Hyatt Regency. This is the first time our organization has used the Hyatt in New Brunswick and I hope it’s not the last.
The Hotel is easy to find as they have directions signs on the main drag into New Brunswick, the parking is very nice with the exception that you have to pay to park, and there is no free parking unless use choose to park in the street.
The Banquet Hall was roomy and I think there were close to 400 of us there. The food for being cooked on such a grand scale was very good, we had a salad with mixed greens, feta & raspberry vinaigrette, dinner rolls, the main course which consisted of a stuffed chicken breast, the stuffing was very savory, this was accompanied by baby carrots, asparagus and baby squash, the starch was a square of what turned out to be a layered potatoes dish (very delicious). The wait staff was very attentive, the water glasses were never empty. The whole venue made hearing the speakers very clear. Oh and before I forget the restrooms were elegant and spacious. The only real annoyance was the cash bar, I don’t know who sets the prices but I thought they were a little high (it may be inflation) our order was 1 Rum & Coke, 1 Plain Coke and 1 glass of Wine and the tab came to $20.00, a little high but we could of certainly forgone them. Otherwise a great banquet hall.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Edmond, Oklahoma
Reviewed April 24, 2013

The Front Desk Staff is very friendly as is everyone else at this property, that said I am currently staying at this hotel, and I requested a refrigerator on their reservation site. I arrived on Monday, no refrigerator. On Tuesday evening, I requested a refrigerator at the front desk and was told it would cost $25 for my stay, I agreed, and they said that they would send one right up. On Wednesday at 6:30 pm still no refrigerator. I again requested one at the front desk and again I was told that they would send one right up. It is now 9:00 pm on Wednesday and still no refrigerator. I am so disappointed in the service at this hotel.

The mattress in two rooms that I have stayed are saggy.

The location could not be better, restaurants, a very nice grocery store are just steps away.

Room Tip: Rooms on the east side (even numbered rooms) face the highway, so if road noise bothers you avoid th...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Toms River, New Jersey, USA
Reviewed April 20, 2013

This is my 3rd stay at the Hyatt. All 3 times I've stayed because we went to see a show at the Stress Factory which is right down the street. This time I got 2 rooms as my daughters went along for the show. They loved having the room to themselves and loved the room as well. And myself and girlfriend love staying here also. No complaints, except this time I noticed the church bells going off every hour. But this is always a great place to stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
New York City, New York
Reviewed April 17, 2013

The hotel is contemporary, beautiful, and well kept.
It's conveniently located in the heart of Downtown New Brunswick and is easy to find.
While there isn't much of a view the hotel offers all the basic needs to have a great stay.
Pool, Jacuzzi, Gym, Bar, Lounge, and an awesome Breakfast and Dining room area that you want to visit each day. It's also an idea location for a gatherings.
The Facility is clean and well kept.
I went for a staycation and loved it.
They validated my parking and throw in free breakfast, which was very satisfying and plentiful including fresh fruits, fresh pastries, croissants, varieties of breakfast meats, and to top it off a chef that makes omelets to your special taste...
The serve is top notch also.
It's idea for lovers who want a local get away ;)

Room Tip: Any room is great.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near New Brunswick
The Heldrich Hotel & Conference Center
Hilton East Brunswick Hotel & Executive Meeting Center
Rutgers University Inn and Conference Center
Hampton Inn North Brunswick/New Brunswick
Holiday Inn Express Tower Center New Brunswick
Hilton Garden Inn Edison/Raritan Center

Been to Hyatt Regency New Brunswick? Share your experiences!