“Great Location.”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Toms River, New Jersey, USA
“Great Location.”
Reviewed April 20, 2013

This is my 3rd stay at the Hyatt. All 3 times I've stayed because we went to see a show at the Stress Factory which is right down the street. This time I got 2 rooms as my daughters went along for the show. They loved having the room to themselves and loved the room as well. And myself and girlfriend love staying here also. No complaints, except this time I noticed the church bells going off every hour. But this is always a great place to stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
Reviewed April 17, 2013

The hotel is contemporary, beautiful, and well kept.
It's conveniently located in the heart of Downtown New Brunswick and is easy to find.
While there isn't much of a view the hotel offers all the basic needs to have a great stay.
Pool, Jacuzzi, Gym, Bar, Lounge, and an awesome Breakfast and Dining room area that you want to visit each day. It's also an idea location for a gatherings.
The Facility is clean and well kept.
I went for a staycation and loved it.
They validated my parking and throw in free breakfast, which was very satisfying and plentiful including fresh fruits, fresh pastries, croissants, varieties of breakfast meats, and to top it off a chef that makes omelets to your special taste...
The serve is top notch also.
It's idea for lovers who want a local get away ;)

Room Tip: Any room is great.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
coquitlam, bc
Reviewed April 13, 2013

I'm a platinum member of the Hyatt passport and love staying at Hyatt's but this one is below par. The rooms are very dated, stains, cracks, scratches, paint chip. The hallways are not cleaned, as I saw grapes lying scattered across the floor for days. When I first checked in, i got a handicapped room, and I was finally moved, got all my stuff and I got ANOTHER handicapped room, no apology no sympathy, I demanded a room I could use b/c the handicap rooms here have special setups. The location is nice as this is right by Rutgers university, lots of bars, restaurants right across the street. You can't buy beer in this area expect the grocery store about a 10 min walk. Would not stay here again b/c of unprofessional service and quality of the rooms.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

Whenever I stay in the New Brunswick area...We always stay here. The hotel is in the heart of New Brunswick. It is within walking distance to all the great restaurants, shows, etc. I have been to weddings there as well. They were wonderful. Have my Goddaughter's wedding coming up this July at the Hyatt....can't wait to stay there again.

• Stayed June 2012
HR_NB, General Manager at Hyatt Regency New Brunswick, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Greetings Ms. Pamela T.,

I wanted to take a moment to thank you for your wonderful comments. Your kind words and support are greatly appreciated. In fact, they are also inspirational as we continue our quest to perfect customer service. Some updates you will experience on your upcoming July visit include, guest floor corridor carpet and accents pieces, new LG televisions, and the convenience of pay on foot parking. Wishing you the very best. Until next time ... be well.
New York City, New York
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Hard to believe this is a Hyatt, let alone a Hyatt Regency. Very shabby and down-at-the-heel... I've stayed at nicer Best Westerns. Big room, but seedy-feeling with old, chipped furniture, no fridge. TV with very few stations--even half of the local ones were missing--all with blurry picture (and EXTREMELY noisy to turn on and off... makes a sound like a car alarm). Blow dryer just sitting on the bathroom counter. No amenities such as robe or toothpaste, I felt luck to have towels. Thermostat didn't seem to work. Location is very convenient, though, and the breakfast was excellent.

Was unable to sleep much because of the screaming baby across the hall, and ended up leaving earlier than I'd intended because it wailed all morning and I just couldn't listen to it anymore. Hotels really should set aside a floor for people traveling with children. Yes, babies cry. But ALL paying guests deserve consideration, not just parents. My stay was miserable because of this, but I'm sure that family got their money's worth.

Room Tip: Don't get too excited about having a balcony. There's not so much as a chair on it, and it o...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Medford, New York
Reviewed March 27, 2013

I recently booked this hotel because I was seeing a show at the theatre near by. About 3 months ago, the show I was supposed to see got cancelled, and I got a full refund for the tickets. I tried to get the hotel to issue me a refund, since it was NOT my fault that the show got cancelled and I no longer need to stay there. The customer service was unhelpful and said they couldn't do anything for me. I booked it through Expedia, who was VERY helpful, and this hotel kept giving me the run-around saying I have to cancel through Expedia, yet, they told me it was non-refundable. Now, I can see them not refunding me my money if I was say, sick, or couldn't make it for personal reasons, but the fact that it was not my fault that I didn't need to stay there anymore, and I let them know THREE months in advance, it should have been refunded. I even tried to switch the day of the reservation to another time, and they said all they could do for me was switch the name of the person staying there, they can't change the date. What kind of service is that? I am exteremly disappointed with this hotel, since it did get good reviews on here, but the experience I had with them was terrible. They need to change their refunding policy and have better customer service.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here in two room with my family of 4 and mother and grandmother. Very oddly decorated. Tries to look like they had a renovation, but just looks half-done. Even my kids (5 and 8 years old) commented that the place looks "weird." No cohesiveness in colors or design and very confusing to get around. No signs for elevators and hallways leading to nowhere. Pool was dark, cold and looked murky. My mother and grandmother's room looked nice, but smelled of old smoke even though it was a non-smoking room. Beds were never made by staff. Only towels changed. Place just feels dirty and needs an update. Pics on website show that it was renovated, but not sure exactly what that meant. Also, can't believe there were no mini fridges in the rooms. My grandma who is a diabetic had to pay an extra $25/day for a fridge. Internet access also very slow. Food overpriced. But, there are many excellent restaurant options within walking distance. Would not come back here.

• Stayed March 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near New Brunswick
The Heldrich Hotel & Conference Center
Hilton East Brunswick Hotel & Executive Meeting Center
Hampton Inn North Brunswick/New Brunswick
Rutgers University Inn and Conference Center
Holiday Inn Express Tower Center New Brunswick
Hilton Garden Inn Edison/Raritan Center

Been to Hyatt Regency New Brunswick? Share your experiences!