I just returned from attending a conference at Rutgers. The location of this hotel was excellent for me. I flew in to Newark and took the train to New Brunswick and the hotel is not even a half mile walk from the train station--no car/taxi necessary. I arrived quite early in the day--before 11am--and was able to check into my room! Nisha at the front desk was so helpful; I had been up since 3am and really needed a nap, so she found a great, quite room for me almost 4 hours before regular check in time. I was pretty grateful for that.
I managed to score a room rate (their "Business Plan" for AAA members) that was over $20 less per night than the conference rate AND included buffet breakfast, free internet and bottled water (at $3 a bottle, this was actually nice), so the price was extremely reasonable for a hotel this nice.
The fitness center was great; the equipment was newer than my gym at home and the pool and hot tub looked nice. It was fantastic to be within walking distance of both downtown New Brunswick and several of the Rutgers campuses. The area near the hotel seems to cater more towards young professionals than the undergraduate students, which was good for me; I work at a college so I like to be able to eat/drink at different locations than where my students hang out.
Only minor negatives: The internet was pretty slow in my room and the front desk didn't have my credit card authorization form (that my staff assistant had faxed several days ahead of time). Luckily, I had brought along the original, so this was taken care of quickly.
For me, the room was really nice. The bed was extremely comfortable and the rooms were in nice shape. The doors to the rooms were obviously old, but everything else had just been redone. It was definitely a full service hotel, which I don't stay in too often (since I usually travel with my young kids), so it was great to be somewhere with such nice service.
If you're in or near New Brunswick, I definitely recommend this place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Contemporary convention/ conference center hotel within walking distance of downtown New Brunswick. 288 Room, 14 suites hotel with 33,000 square feet of flexible meeting space including a 9,600 sf ballroom. Public and meeting space renovation completed in 2007. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Priceline, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hyatt Regency New Brunswick reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency New Brunswick Hotel New Brunswick
- New Brunswick Hyatt Regency
- Hyatt New Brunswick