Hyatt Regency New Brunswick
  • Bar/Lounge
Global Inn(Edison)
Clarion Inn(North Brunswick)
View Hotel
All reviewsfront deskwithin walking distancedance conventionj jtrain stationrutgers universityself parkingbusiness meetingbreakfast buffet isbusiness centerconvenient locationflat screen tvhotel restaurantenjoyed my stayfitness centerking bedclean hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 2, 2012

I stayed here on a weekend night..the air conditioning did not work.. I was woken up by a loud party in the next room at 3 am...then again by construction noise at 8 am... although the management did their best to try to fix things, the bottom line is that this is an old hotel that needs to be renovated and is being used as a party place on the weekends...should have gone to a place on the highway, but wanted a good night sleep and thought I would get that at a four star hotel...I was sadly mistaken and extremely disappointed...

Room Tip: as far as I can tell, there is no good room in the entire place...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
HR_NB, Manager at Hyatt Regency New Brunswick, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2012

Dear traveler
You mention that we are an old hotel and that assessment is correct. After 30 years as the anchor hotel for the City of New Brunswick a renovation for our guest rooms is upon us. Ownership has hired an architect and designer to complete their vision of the room of the future. As each person’s taste in rooms differs, we focus on them being clean and fresh.

Guest floor late night noise, air conditioner malfunction and early morning disturbances are unacceptable. We did not manage as effectively as we should have during your stay. Rest assured, we have buttoned up our processes and closed the loop in the system on all details.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. A better stay for all is the direct impact of your feed back

Travel safe

Reviewed September 1, 2012

The Hyatt in New Brunswick surely outdoes themselves and is way ABOVE the average stay at a any hotel. We have had to be up in New York/New Jersey 6 times in the past year and we wouldn't think of staying anywhere other than this Hyatt in New Brunswick. Even when we've had business in NYC, we stay at this Hyatt in New Brunswick and take the train into Manhattan.

The staff is THE MOST accommodating team that we've EVER encountered in all our years of travel; and amazingly this is New Jersey, lol. Most would think that the people in NJ & NY are rude and arrogant; however, that has not been our experience. This team effort totally fulfills EVERY need that we've ever encountered in ALL our stays.

The rooms are immaculate, the hallways, the dining room, etc. are also amazingly clean, organized and appealing to the eye; always. The one thing, above all else, is the monumental service we receive; always with the feeling of coming home. We are welcomed back with open arms, smiles & warm salutations.

To sum it up, you will recognize all of the above assets upon entering the lobby. Oh, and do not forget to ask for Carmello. Carmello is one of THE nicest, most welcoming, magnetic people you will ever meet. He knows how to make us feel "welcome back home."

Room Tip: We love their suites, which includes a separate room with a pull out couch and a kitchen. However, we took one of their Pure rooms this last visit and it was a pleasure, as well.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lori F
Reviewed September 1, 2012

BEWARE Hyatt Regency is in NO WAY a 4 star hotel. Four stars is an absolute joke for Hyatt Regency 2 Albany St. Ok so the location is conveniently close to I-95 and the Lobby very nicely updated. However these points did not make up for other major problems. I HAD to pay $13.00 to park overnight. I am someone who will hunt for street parking to avoid hotel parking charges but there was absolutely nothing available on the street. Our room was reasonably clean, not great, bumps and dings on furniture, stains on decorative bed pillows. Bathroom had mold on tiles. Biggest issue was how poorly insulated the room was for noise. I heard everyones toilet flushing, hallway noise. The street/traffic noise was so LOUD and went on absolutely all night long. We heard cars, horns, buses, trucks, trains, and sirens! To say the least I did not sleep well. The breakfast buffet overpriced at $18.00 pp but looked ok/clean omelet stand, typical egg, breakfast meats, fruit, yogurt, rolls etc. nothing special. All in all not a great experience when compared to the price of the room, thank goodness I did get a bit of a deal on Priceline but still feel I paid too much for such a horrible nights sleep.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Dear traveler,

My sincerest apology for your stay with us being compromised by several issues. I understand emotionally how it feels to be let down when expectations are high. Regarding parking, the garage is run by an outside vendor which by contract has to ensure that pricing is competitive. As of our last update in June, our pricing is below that of the competition and below fair market value.

I am disappointed that the room cleanliness did not meet your standard. We pride ourselves in assuring that our rooms are clean and fresh. We are working on remedies for weekend noise as our customer base changes from the business traveler during the week to leisure traveler on the weekend. Needless to say, you shouldn’t be impacted by any of these circumstances and you were, again my apologies.

Travel Safe

Reviewed August 20, 2012

We stayed here for the weekend- there was a very large convention taking place but the hotel was still surprisingly quiet. Our room sans balcony on the 5th floor was clean, large, and comfortable. Loved the staff- We've stayed at the Heldrich and the staff there are not nearly as personable. Great gym. The pool area, along with some parts of the hotel, are dated and could use a touch up, though.

Room Tip: rooms sans balcony tend to be quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Having stayed at many Hyatt Regency locations, this was not the grandest, but still uphel the Hyatt standards.

First, you are in the a college town (Rutgers University) where there appears to be plenty of great restaurants and the Hyatt seems to sit at the foot of a lot of them.

The front desk staff was great and made sure all the accommodations were what was expected. They even made some good restaurant recommendations.

I was there for a one-day conference and while you didn't see a lot of staff around , they did get right on issues our company had when we did need something.

Finally, was traveling with family and needed late checkout, which they went above and beyond to accommodate.

Would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business