The Heldrich Hotel & Conference Center
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
Clarion Inn(North Brunswick)
  • Bar/Lounge
Studio 6 East Brunswick(East Brunswick)
View Hotel
All reviewsfront deskvalet servicestate theatrerutgers universitybeautiful hotelself parkingtrain stationgeorge stbed was very comfortablefitness centerbusiness tripindoor poolnew jerseyryanweddingcampusjohnson
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 31, 2014

We were in the area to attend a college a cappella competition being held at Rutgers, and chose this hotel based on a recommendation from the R.U. Campus Inn, which couldn't/wouldn't take phone reservations. What a marvelous experience! We arrived in a pouring rain, and the valet staff rushed out to grab our luggage and park our car. Upon entering this beautiful hotel, we were immediately directed to the front desk, where staff quickly and pleasantly confirmed our reservation and directed us to our room. The room was gorgeous, spotlessly clean and had a true king-sized bed, and was so very comfortable. Later we took advantage of the hotel shuttle (free) to and from R.U., arriving back at the hotel just minutes before the hotel restaurant/bar - Christopher's - was scheduled to close, Since it was still pouring rain, we did not want to walk down the street to another place to eat, so we hurried into the restaurant where the waiter/bartender graciously accommodated us. The food was delicious and the portions huge. After a great night's sleep, I was again happy to use the shuttle to attend Sunday Mass a few blocks away. Awesome! After church we had breakfast at the hotel where a very nice waiter pointed out that we could save a few bucks by getting the continental breakfast rather than ordering off of the menu as we had planned, and this too was very delicious. I must say that the entire staff - front desk, valet, shuttle, food -, just everybody we encountered here was VERY helpful, always with a "what can we do for you" attitude. They all dressed and performed in a truly professional manner, very refreshing! I wish I had thought to jot down all their names to tell you, but I didn't and I'm sorry. If we are ever in this area again, we will be staying at The Heldrich!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Victor_R_08901, Front Office Manager at The Heldrich Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2014

We are happy that your stay at the Heldrich was so enjoyable. We are also grateful for sharing your kind comments about our facilities and staff on the Trip Advisor. It will be our pleasure to host you again in the near future. Thank you!

Reviewed March 31, 2014

My husband and I went to his 20 year reunion at the Heldrich hotel. Since the moment we arrived, everyone was amazing. Judy to Alexis at lounge/bar, all amazing! Room was clean, and just overall a great place to stay. The Spa was great too! I truly recommend this hotel to stay for any occasion!

Room Tip: Ask for an end room! It's a smaller amount but worth the extra money!
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends

We truly appreciate your kind comments about the Heldrich Hotel and hope that we will have the pleasure of hosting you again in the near future.

Reviewed March 25, 2014

I can't believe I'm in one of most highly recommended hotel in new Brunswick, NJ. I felt like being in 3rd world country. I will upload the pictures and these do not need any description. The hotel furniture is really outdated and very used and old. The furniture is less than Ikea quality furniture. The hotel staff are nice, but I think the people running this place have no vision on how to run a hotel like this.
I have to give 0 out of 10 for the room and maybe 8 out of 10 for the staff, but they could not be blamed as I think they could do nothing to help you except being nice. The restaurant is a big disaster with the decorations, I felt like being at out service restaurants. The gym and swimming pool located on the 3rd floor. You really have to search for gym and swimming pool as these are located between the rooms on the 3rd floor. What s
a smart design. Another smart design at this hotel, you have to go through the gym in order to get to the swimming pool. I think this is the worst hotel of its kind in North America. Even the Hampton Inn would do much better with design, furniture and hotel setup. I have to admit their entrance is ok. But the elevators are small and outdated. The reception staff told me that the hotel has only 7 years, but they do not known if they had any renovations or furniture change since then. The only thing they know they have upgraded the TV's. Hope this review will help the hotel owners or management realize they really need to invest a lot in the hotel in order to survive. Please watch the pictures of the rooms.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank kass4
Victor_R_08901, Front Office Manager at The Heldrich Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2014

We very much appreciate your valuable suggestions regarding the Heldrich Hotel facilities in your recent Trip Advisor review. Your constructive comments are being follow up on and some of your suggestions are already close to the implementation phase. We hope you will give us another opportunity to make things right and look forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

Went to see a show at the State Theatre so we decides to stay the night. This hotel was a great value for such a nice hotel. I would recommend this to anyone going to this area !

The front desk staff were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: March 2014
Victor_R_08901, Manager at The Heldrich Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us. I am glad to hear that everything was great and that the Front Desk staff were friendly and helpful. Thank you again and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

I had a 1-night stay here. The staff are all very friendly and welcoming. Room is spotless, very comfortable with all needed amenities. Had dinner at the hotel restaurant, Christopher's. Excellent meal, lovely wait staff. Highly recommend.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Rick M
Victor_R_08901, Front Office Manager at The Heldrich Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

We appreciate that you took the time to write such a nice review about the Heldrich on Trip Advisor. We look forward to welcome you back in the near future! Thank you.