“Conference hotel”

The Heldrich Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in New Brunswick
Reviewed December 27, 2013

I stayed here when attending a conference at Rutgers Uinversity. The hotel reception staff were welcoming and helpful with directions and ordering taxis, the room was clean. We didn't eat in the restaurant apart from one night when we had the formal conference dinner there, during which the service was good with a friendly waiter. I was expecting a parcel to arrive so was surprised when I was given someone elses package - we had the same first name but I couldn't understand such a basic error.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Victor_R_08901, Front Office Manager at The Heldrich Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2014

We appreciate your kind comments about the Heldrich hotel. We also regret there was a mix up with your package delivery and investigated it to make sure this won't happen again. We look forward to your next visit! Thank you!

Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

We came here for a weekend with our family. We rented a few rooms plus a conference room. for some reason they decided to split us up & put us on different floors & refused to give us extra table & chairs so we had to bring our own. The hotel is actually very nice rooms are pretty decent.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review about the Heldrich. Guest comments such as yours assist us in further improving our facilities and services. Our goal is to exceed all of our guests' expectations. We look forward to accommodating you again in the near future! Thank you!

Reviewed December 26, 2013

When we checked in, we were not told where the elevators were so we had to search for them. We felt stupid when we were told that they were to the right of the registration desk (in what looks like a hallway).

If you go on line and prepay for your hotel stay, there is a tremendous discount. Including taxes, it cost less than $90 for a one night stay (not including parking). The rooms are large although our room did not have a view. The negative about this hotel is the housekeeping staff. On Sunday morning about 9:30 AM, there was a knock on the door. Housekeeping wanted to straighten the room. We were just getting dressed and told them later. Five minutes later, housekeeping walked into the room (without knocking). Obviously we told them, "later".

Several questions arise. 1) We were checking out so why were they trying to straighten the room before check out? 2) There was no "Do Not Disturb" sign for us to hang on the door so that this would not have happened.

We had brunch in the restaurant. It was quite extensive although the smoked salmon was not replenished while we were there. (Maybe it was replenished after we left)?

Parking is additional and it is not cheap. It was $25 for valet parking and $17 for self parking.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review about the Heldrich. We regret that we fell short of your expectations. The appropriate department managers are counseling their respective staff reports to improve the service in those areas where deficiencies occurred. We look forward to welcome you back on your next visit to New Brunswick! Thank you!

Reviewed December 17, 2013

New Brunswick isn't far from me, but my boyfriend and I spent the weekend here so we could get away for a little.... We loved it! Friendly staff and amazing spa! The room was modern and clean. We didn't get a chance to eat at Christopher's... Maybe next time.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Molly R
Victor_R_08901, Front Office Manager at The Heldrich Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2013

Dear Molly, we appreciate you taking the time to review the Heldrich Hotel on Trip Advisor. Your kind comments about our accommodations are also very much appreciated. Christopher's Restaurant and Bar offers fine dining at a reasonable prize and we hope you will have the opportunity to sample some of our culinary delights on your next visit. Thank you and Happy Holidays!

Reviewed December 6, 2013

I stayed at the Heldrich for 2 nights in November during a conference. The room was quiet, very comfortable, spacious and elegantly appointed. The bed was large and luxurious. I had room service twice: it was prompt and the food was delicious. The staff on front desk were pleasant and helpful. The bar was great. The breakfast was superb. I had some time before my flight, which I spent in the spa. I had an excellent massage and felt really pampered. My only slight criticism was the dinner which I had in the restaurant -- only mediocre. I would recommend this fine hotel to anyone who travels to New Brunswick.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Victor_R_08901, Manager at The Heldrich Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your room, breakfast, bar and spa. I will pass on your comments to the staff as I am sure they will be happy to hear about your stay. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed December 4, 2013 via mobile

We found the front desk, valet and bellmen to be really helpful and personable. Great drinks in the bar, excellent location with lots within walking distance. We got a ride in the shuttle to the train and easily zipped into NYC.
The downsides were minor or not really the fault of the hotel. I wasnt impressed by some elements of the room.. the ceiling in the shower was patched and crappy looking. The edge of the bed had a stain on the box spring- just cosmetics though. Beds were comfy. There were screaming children running up and down the hallways. No place to separate recyclables either.
I would stay again for the service and value.

• Stayed: November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us. I am happy to hear about the Front Office Staff and Valet. We do strive to be the best we can. I also would like to thank you for your comments about the items that need some attention. I will pass along to my staff so we can focus on those areas. Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed December 4, 2013

This property was a lovely surprise. Staff was gracious and accommodating, the rooms clean and a good size, free wifi and pretty décor. Within walking distance of the State Theater, NJ Transit (although they provide a shuttle) and Queens Campus area of Rutgers.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your review of the Heldrich. We are glad to hear that everything was up to your standards. Next time you are in town please stop by Christopher’s Restaurant and Bar, as they have a great selection of items from the menu which I am sure you would enjoy. Again, thank you for your review and we look forward to your next visit.

Also consider these accommodations in or near New Brunswick
Hampton Inn North Brunswick/New Brunswick
Rutgers University Inn and Conference Center
Embassy Suites by Hilton Piscataway - Somerset
Hampton Inn South Plainfield-Piscataway
Hampton Inn South Plainfield-Pis...
#1 of 5 in South Plainfield

Been to The Heldrich Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!