“Relaxing mini getaway!”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in New Brunswick
Robbinsville, New Jersey
“Relaxing mini getaway!”
Reviewed December 17, 2013

New Brunswick isn't far from me, but my boyfriend and I spent the weekend here so we could get away for a little.... We loved it! Friendly staff and amazing spa! The room was modern and clean. We didn't get a chance to eat at Christopher's... Maybe next time.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Molly R
Victor_R_08901, Front Office Manager at The Heldrich Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Dear Molly, we appreciate you taking the time to review the Heldrich Hotel on Trip Advisor. Your kind comments about our accommodations are also very much appreciated. Christopher's Restaurant and Bar offers fine dining at a reasonable prize and we hope you will have the opportunity to sample some of our culinary delights on your next visit. Thank you and Happy Holidays!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
Waterloo, Ontario
Reviewed December 6, 2013

I stayed at the Heldrich for 2 nights in November during a conference. The room was quiet, very comfortable, spacious and elegantly appointed. The bed was large and luxurious. I had room service twice: it was prompt and the food was delicious. The staff on front desk were pleasant and helpful. The bar was great. The breakfast was superb. I had some time before my flight, which I spent in the spa. I had an excellent massage and felt really pampered. My only slight criticism was the dinner which I had in the restaurant -- only mediocre. I would recommend this fine hotel to anyone who travels to New Brunswick.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Victor_R_08901, Manager at The Heldrich Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your room, breakfast, bar and spa. I will pass on your comments to the staff as I am sure they will be happy to hear about your stay. We hope to see you again soon.
Boston
Reviewed December 4, 2013 via mobile

We found the front desk, valet and bellmen to be really helpful and personable. Great drinks in the bar, excellent location with lots within walking distance. We got a ride in the shuttle to the train and easily zipped into NYC.
The downsides were minor or not really the fault of the hotel. I wasnt impressed by some elements of the room.. the ceiling in the shower was patched and crappy looking. The edge of the bed had a stain on the box spring- just cosmetics though. Beds were comfy. There were screaming children running up and down the hallways. No place to separate recyclables either.
I would stay again for the service and value.

• Stayed November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us. I am happy to hear about the Front Office Staff and Valet. We do strive to be the best we can. I also would like to thank you for your comments about the items that need some attention. I will pass along to my staff so we can focus on those areas. Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed December 4, 2013

This property was a lovely surprise. Staff was gracious and accommodating, the rooms clean and a good size, free wifi and pretty décor. Within walking distance of the State Theater, NJ Transit (although they provide a shuttle) and Queens Campus area of Rutgers.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review of the Heldrich. We are glad to hear that everything was up to your standards. Next time you are in town please stop by Christopher’s Restaurant and Bar, as they have a great selection of items from the menu which I am sure you would enjoy. Again, thank you for your review and we look forward to your next visit.
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Attended a conference at Rutgers and the Heldrich was recommended for overnight it exceeded our expectations. Attractive decor, spotlessly clean, and very comfortable. I appreciate the free wifi. Too many hotels charge needlessly for it. Breakfast also was quite good for a hotel buffet.

• Stayed November 2013
I would like to Thank You for your review of The Heldrich. I am delighted that we exceeded your expectations. I am going to pass along your comments to the staff as I know they would appreciate it. We hope to see you soon.
New York City, New York
Reviewed November 4, 2013

A friend had a wedding here and I also stayed at the hotel.
The service was great. Everything that I asked for was delivered to my room. Ryan at the front desk was also very kind in charging my cell phone at the front desk while I was at the wedding reception.

The bed was very comfortable. I didn't like the bathroom amenities they provided to guests, however; the quality wasn't there. Wasn't a deal breaker, but I do travel a lot, and for me, a hotel that provides high-quality little things like shampoo and bar soap speaks volumes.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review of your stay. I am happy that Ryan was able to assist you. I appreciate your comments about the amenities and will look into it. We do hope that when you return to New Brunswick you make The Heldrich your hotel of choice. Again, thank you for your review.
West Haven, Connecticut
Reviewed November 3, 2013

I stayed at the Heldrich this past week for a business trip; the conference was held at a nearby hotel. In looking for an alternate location to attend this conference, the ability to easily walk to the conference, as well as local food options, was the most important to me. After investigating on TripAdvisor, both reviews and maps, the Heldrich fit the bill.

The hospitality was superb, starting with pulling in to the front door (valet is a separate company, but very easy to navigate and only slightly more than self-park - plus valet provides in and out privileges and self-park did not). The hotel is located on Congress Square, a cute, very small park. Check in was easy and so was finding the room.

The room itself was spacious with thoughtful touches - coffee bar, two closets, luggage rack, desk, ample outlets, all important for a business trip. The bed was extremely comfortable and the black out curtains did their job. My view was of the rooftop, but also a spectacular sunset each evening. I did not request a hotel facing downtown, so did not expect it. A few things kept this hotel from being a five star experience - the television was a tube, not flatscreen, and its location within a wardrobe made it hard to watch from all angles (I had to be in bed or the armchair - I could not see it from the desk). Additionally, the hotel door latch (the one that allows you to open the door slightly but remain safe) was falling apart from the door - it is supposed to be secured by three screws but one was missing and the other two were loose. I felt plenty secure with the location and electronic and deadbolt - this was not the issue - but was concerned by their lack of upkeep here.

Finally, it is very easy to walk to many locations in downtown New Brunswick from the Heldrich. Lots of sit down and quick food options, a few drugstores, multiple banks, plus it looked like there was many cultural options as well. I felt safe as streets were well-traversed.

Overall, I would stay here again and appreciated the hospitality and overall aesthetics, as other reviews have noted. A few minor improvements (televisions, upkeep) would make this five-stars.

Room Tip: It is clear when you are booking (at least it was for me) whether you are reserving a room with a vi...