“New look to New Brunswick”

The Heldrich Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in New Brunswick
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Very good hotel modern and sleek. Ideal for business, the area has improved tremendously is now nice to walk around downtown new brunswick. Getting to the hotel is not that easy. No safe in room but a minor detail. Book it without reservations.

Stayed: October 2012
Victor_R_08901, Manager at The Heldrich Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2012

Thank you for your review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your return visit. If there is anything else you need please let us know.

There are newer reviews for The Heldrich Hotel & Conference Center

Reviewed November 7, 2012

I stayed in the hotel for two days with my 16 year old due to a power outage from Hurricane Sandy. I booked online on Thursday and arrived Friday for an early check-in. The front desk staff member, Robyn, checked us in immediately at 11:30am, and waived the early check-in fee without me even asking. I thought that was very gracious of her. She was funny and made us feel welcome. I thought the hotel lobby area was lovely and welcoming.

The room was nicely decorated, clean, comfortable, and had a nice view of downtown New Brunswick. Every staff member we interacted with, even just passing in the hall, was friendly, polite and made us feel welcome. We ate room service, which was tasty, but also walked to some of the nearby restaurants in the area once they reopened. The town was cute with a small theater district right outside the door of the hotel.

I read other comments about the outdated television. We had a tube tv with a flat screen, but I really don' t think not having the most modern tv is a problem if the tv works fine, which it did. I travel a lot for pleasure and business, both domestically and internationally, so I guess little things do not bother me. There was a very funny skit on SNL with workers at the Apple plant in China responding to complaints people had about the new iPhone 5. It puts some of these types of complaints into perspective.

Lastly, I used the valet parking and did not have a problem with the price. That is about what I would have expected to pay. Not cheap, but things often aren't when related to parking and travel.

I would definitely stay at the Heldrich again. We had a great time during our three day stay.

Room Tip: Get one of the deluxe rooms with a few. Very nice.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your wonderful review of The Heldrich. I am glad we were able to assist you and your 16 year old. I am glad the Robyn was able to assist you upon your arrival and was able to get you into your room when you arrived. New Brunswick is a beautiful town with plenty to see and definitely plenty to eat. We hope that one day you can enjoy The Heldrich for pleasure and maybe catch a show and enjoy your evening with us. Please let us know if/when you plan on visiting us again. Thank you again.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stay here whenever I am in the area (I come for both business and to visit family), because it really is the best. Its a modern hotel, right in the heart of New Brunswick, with easy access to lots of restaurants and bars. The bar in the hotel is great, and the food in the restaurant is also really good. We have two small dogs, and the hotel is very pet friendly, which is huge plus. Valet parking is a little pricey, but you can also just park yourself (in the garage right around the corner) for really cheap, if you are willing to walk one block. This is really the best in the area.

Room Tip: You can do a cheap upgrade to a corner room, which is huge.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for a wonderful review of The Heldrich. We appreciate your kind words. I will certainly share with the staff your review as they would appreciate it very much. Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

If you are planning to stay at this hotel and attend a 4pm wedding the same day, be prepared to pay an early check in fee or come the day before. Checkin time is 4pm, no exceptions even if you are hosting the reception at their facility and they made sustantial revenue as a result. Managers refused to waive the early check in fee for people arriving to their rooms one hour before the wedding.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank RJM199

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry that we could not check in your guests one hour before check in. We do our best to accommodate all guests and I will reiterate this with my staff. I do hope that you give The Heldrich another opportunity.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

I don't know where to start. I came into the Heldrich frantic, desperate and displaced. Hurricane Sandy destroyed my neighborhood. My husband is a first responder and I am a nurse and we were kicked out of our hotel on Oct 31st. I drove to about 15 different hotels, and the Heldrich was the last hotel I stopped at. I was at my witts end, I spoke to a woman, I believe her name was Eve, I was put on a wait list. I climbed in my car, not knowing where my husband and I were going to sleep tonight...about 5 min. after I left the Heldrich I received a phone call. There was a room available. I began to cry.....there are no words to explain how grateful we are.... thank you from the bottom of our hearts!!!!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

I am glad that we could help. Eunice did let me know about your situation and the first room that became available I told her to call you. I am so happy that we could accommodate you and Thank You and your husband as I know you two were quite busy as well. We hope that the next time you are in town or need a weekend getaway that you would think of us. Please let me know if there is anything I could do.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

We really had an amazing corner room that had four windows and was huge! We would have liked to stay longer. However, it seems that the details of keeping a hotel up to a good quality level are difficult here. Mind you, these are things that wouldn't stop me from staying there again, but it feels like more attention needs to be paid to the little things. We had a good list that we wrote down that needed attention in our room. The front desk woman was very nice and gave us a discount off our stay, even though I really wasn't complaining. Just wanted them to be aware of what we saw. I think this can really be a top notch establishment if they just work on these details with their staff. It is a clean place so that's good!

Room Tip: If you can get a corner room, snag it!!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for writing a review our The Heldrich. The Front Desk staff does share details of guest comments and I take them and use them to improve on our standards. We are constantly working on improving our facilities and hope that your next visit is up to your standard. Please feel free to see me if there are any issues.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

Hotel was good, clean and modern and the staff were very helpful. The only downside is the lack of parking and the cost of having to valet park. Otherwise, I would recommend the hotel and will probably stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for staying with us here at The Heldrich. I am sorry about the parking situation but at this time the only option at this time is self parking or valet parking which is outsourced. I thank you for your business and look forward to your return visit.

Also consider these accommodations in or near New Brunswick
Holiday Inn Express Tower Center New Brunswick
Hilton Short Hills
Hilton Short Hills
#1 of 1 in Short Hills

Been to The Heldrich Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!