I stayed in the hotel for two days with my 16 year old due to a power outage from Hurricane Sandy. I booked online on Thursday and arrived Friday for an early check-in. The front desk staff member, Robyn, checked us in immediately at 11:30am, and waived the early check-in fee without me even asking. I thought that was very gracious of her. She was funny and made us feel welcome. I thought the hotel lobby area was lovely and welcoming.
The room was nicely decorated, clean, comfortable, and had a nice view of downtown New Brunswick. Every staff member we interacted with, even just passing in the hall, was friendly, polite and made us feel welcome. We ate room service, which was tasty, but also walked to some of the nearby restaurants in the area once they reopened. The town was cute with a small theater district right outside the door of the hotel.
I read other comments about the outdated television. We had a tube tv with a flat screen, but I really don' t think not having the most modern tv is a problem if the tv works fine, which it did. I travel a lot for pleasure and business, both domestically and internationally, so I guess little things do not bother me. There was a very funny skit on SNL with workers at the Apple plant in China responding to complaints people had about the new iPhone 5. It puts some of these types of complaints into perspective.
Lastly, I used the valet parking and did not have a problem with the price. That is about what I would have expected to pay. Not cheap, but things often aren't when related to parking and travel.
I would definitely stay at the Heldrich again. We had a great time during our three day stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Heldrich Hotel where ordinary is obsolete. Located in the heart of New Brunswick, New Jersey, a place where elegance, opulence and ambiance go hand-in-hand with innovation. Where meetings are engineered for results, and your leisure experience is sure to be unforgettable. Located within a few steps of the cultural hub of the city, and a short walk to public transportation and Rutgers University, meet me at The Heldrich! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, TravelClick, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotwire, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your The Heldrich Hotel & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Heldrich Hotel New Brunswick
- Heldrich New Brunswick
- Heldrich Hotel New Brunswick