Yes, we read the very good reviews of the Heldrich and, yes, the location was excellent with good restaurants nearby and an easy walk to New Jersey Transit. At first glance the contemporary design was appealing, but there were too many housekeeping issues that, apparently, the manager is not aware of. An ironing board was in the closet, but an iron was nowhere in the room. The condition of the bathroom should not make the hotel proud. The entire bottom of the bathroom door, from edge to edge and approximately 8 inches from the bottom was covered with something that was quite gray and nasty. The wallpaper was coming loose, and the shower area was not squeaky clean. Guests do not want to see mildew; doesn't the staff see all this? The toilet tissue seemed to be made from the same material one uses for wrapping gifts. Because of its hardness, it was superb for cleaning my eyeglasses. Frankly, I have never seen toilet tissue this thin and scratchy even at an airport or in any other public restroom. Speaking of scratchy.... the towels we had on our first night were thin and of loofah quality. The second set was somewhat better but far from what a guest would expect. Most every hotel provides one extra set of towels. Not the Heldrich. Toiletries provided were the basic shampoo, conditioner and lotion that my skin could not absorb; it formed a coating of a greasy substance that had to be wiped off. In regard to the bed linens, the pillows were fine, but the top sheet felt like a sheet of cold plastic and the duvet was lumpy so that there were cold spots. I agree with another guest regarding the TV. The system for changing channels is unnecessarily cumbersome. When we arrived at 3:30, we noted several guests waiting for their room to be ready. Next time I come to this city, I will stay at the Hyatt Regency New Brunswick - where the check-in time is 3:00 pm rather than 4:00 pm.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Heldrich Hotel where ordinary is obsolete. Located in the heart of New Brunswick, New Jersey, a place where elegance, opulence and ambiance go hand-in-hand with innovation. Where meetings are engineered for results, and your leisure experience is sure to be unforgettable. Located within a few steps of the cultural hub of the city, and a short walk to public transportation and Rutgers University, meet me at The Heldrich! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, TravelClick, Hotwire, Travelocity, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your The Heldrich Hotel & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Heldrich Hotel New Brunswick
- Heldrich New Brunswick
- Heldrich Hotel New Brunswick