The Heldrich Hotel & Conference Center
$57
  • Bar/Lounge
Global Inn(Edison)
$75
Studio 6 East Brunswick(East Brunswick)
$78
All reviewsfront deskvalet servicestate theatrerutgers universitybeautiful hotelself parktrain stationgeorge stsized bedparking garagefitness centerindoor poolryanweddingcampusjohnsonbellman
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I've stayed here twice this month. Both times my room was comfortable and clean. The TV is out of date (can't remember the last time I didn't have a flat screen), but it worked. They could also update their wiring. With all the electronic devices that need charging these days a line of plugs across the desk would be a big help. The work out machines are woefully out of date, but work fine. I was attending a conference on both occasions and the meals were included. The buffet was excellent---a good variety. I'm borderline vegan these days and there were lots of great options. The front desk was helpful, although the first time I checked in they didn't have a room ready for my until 4pm.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Victor_R_08901, Manager at The Heldrich Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write about The Heldrich. We are currently looking at upgrading our TV's and I will look into adding additional outlets on the desk. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

I stayed here for a 3 day training that my job was having at the hotel. Parking is not attached to the hotel, you can use valet or the self parking, which is in the same parking garage. It's a $5 difference. The food was decent that was served. The beds were quite comfortable. If you are traveling and taking a laptop, make sure that you don't have issues with wireless, there is not a wired connection. I had no complaints about the upkeep of the room.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience here at the Heldrich. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed September 29, 2012

The location is superb. The room (one bedroom suite) is very large and our view was fantastic. Little things were not kept up: paint was peeling around our bathroom mirror, the large dining room table was covered with water marks, the coffee looked very old (though tasted fine). But we would come back to this room anytime! Our other room was an ADA luxury double. There was a lip (though low) from the tub that had to be stepped over, and there were no handrails in the tub. The toilet was surrounded by handrails. So this was an ADA-room wanabe. Certainly not up to code. So beware.
Had the breakfast buffet at Christopher's. Very surly staff and hostess. Also, buffet was til 10:30. But they started to close things down by 10:15.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Victor_R_08901, Manager at The Heldrich Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2012

Thank you for taking the time for letting us know about your recent experience here with us. I will be sharing your comments with my team to address all your concerens. I hope that we do see you again soon.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

The hotel is very nicely appointed. The rooms were nice and spacious and the breakfast was great. Was here on business, wish we had more time to explore around, looked cool. The one slight problem we had was trying to figure out how to work the buttons on the TV, but that can be chalked to our ineptitude lol...

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Victor_R_08901, Manager at The Heldrich Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to wirte a wonderful review of The Heldrich Hotel & Spa. I am very happy to hear that you had a wonderful time while staying with us. Hopefully you can make it back to New Bunswick and enjoy the amenities the town and hotel have to offer. We look forward to your next trip.

Reviewed September 21, 2012

Me and my husband stayed at Heldrich in June 2012 and our experience was awesome hadn't heard this Hotel before, the staff was awesome everyone was so pleasant and treated us with
The uttermost respect.We would recommend the Heldrich to our friends, it's the place to stay, we will be returning in November for Church Function , and again in May 2013 for a women's Conference look forward to seeing you again...

• Stayed: June 2012
Victor_R_08901, Manager at The Heldrich Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a generous review of the Heldrich. I am very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will certainly pass along your comments to our Team as they are always happy to hear from our guests. We look forward to your next visit with us.