“Very comfortable stay!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in New Brunswick
Deland, Fl
“Very comfortable stay!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2012

My wife, daughter and I occupied a two bedroom suite while in New Brunswick for a Rutgers advising weekend. The suite had two medium sized bedrooms with full bathrooms and a very large living room area with it's own bathroom and shower. There was also a kitchenette. While the furnishings and ambiance did not reach the luxury level, the service, room comfort and amenities and location make this an excellent choice for a stay in New Brunswick and we will make it our home when in town visiting our daughter. We sampled the restaurant through a room service lunch and the food was excellent. The room was spotless, climate control very effective with a thermostat for each of the three rooms. Valet service was friendly and prompt. The hotel is within walking distance of many stores, restaurants and the train station. Finally, we arrived before noon and the front desk staff had no problem checking us in early and allowed us an extra hour to check-out the following day.

Room Tip: A suite will certainly upgrade the experience without too much additional cost.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Victor_R_08901, Manager at The Heldrich Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, June 8, 2012
On behalf of The Heldrich I would to thank you for taking the time to write to us about your visit. I will share your wonderful comments with the staff. All of us at the Heldrich look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2012 via mobile

The pics and ratings of the hotel seemed good...and overall, it was good, but not great like I was expecting. First, I requested a king room because I was on business and needed the extra room to spread out and work. They wouldn't budge on getting me into a king; instead I was relegated to a room with two queen beds. I consult for a hotel management firm and one of the things we underscore is to make the guest who is standing in front of you RIGHT NOW happy. With no-shows and cancellations, it was very possible to accommodate my request without having negatively effected anyone else. Second, the rooms are dated, I had no iron, and the one they brought didn't work. For the rate, I would also expect continental breakfast! I have stayed at Holiday Inn Expresses that we're more impressive, lower rates, better Internet AND a full breakfast included in the rate!

Stayed April 2012
2 Thank Z Paul R
Thank you for taking the time to write your review of the Heldrich. I am sorry that you did not get the king bedded room when you checked in. I will be discussing all your room findings with my team. I do apologize that the room and amenities were not up to your expectations and I can assure you we will do our best to accomodate every guest need and request. We value your opinion and look forward to you coming back to the Heldrich in the near future.
Hoboken
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

The hotel is a nice one, although it's not very special. The hotel has no handicap parking unless you want to pay for valet parking. The valet attendants know nothing about the hotel, so if you make the mistake of asking them a question other than about parking, you'll be disappointed.

The big problem with the hotel is its Internet. If you're the type of person who things dial-up Internet is great, you'll be at home at the Heldrich. At different times of the night, a dial-up connection would be faster. If you're a business person who needs to use the Internet to VPN into your office, look elsewhere. The employees on duty not understand Internet speed problems. Complaining will get you a major "duh".

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Leo L
I want to thank you for taking the time to write to us about your recent visit with us. I apologize we fell short on Valet and the speed of the Internet. I will be speaking with all of my staff members regarding your concerns.

Once again, please accept our apologies, and please call me personally if you would like to come back to the Heldrich in the near future
Wicklow
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2012

Stayed 2 separate nights in mid April 2012. For a business trip it met all my requirements : decent room, coffee maker, iron, good tv, good free wifi, good shower, location near restaurants.
Only quirky thing was the pool/spa. Use of the pool was free but I was asked to pay $10 for use of the spa's changing room. In fairness the guy relented when I said I just wanted a swim and didn't need the sauna etc. it still seems an odd policy but the staff were very pleasant about it.
Would certainly recommend for the business traveller.

• Stayed April 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Victor_R_08901, Manager at The Heldrich Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, April 25, 2012
On behalf of The Heldrich I would to thank you for taking the time to write to us about your visit. I will review your comments with our Spa and the fee charged to use the sauna. I am glad you enjoyed the amenities provided by the hotel.

Again, thank you for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Heldrich in the near future.
Titusville, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2012

The hotel was very nice, but the rooms are a bit dated. We had a nice conference there, the food was very good (including a very nice breakfast buffet). The elevators are the slowest ones I have experienced in quite a while though.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank J M
Thank you for taking the time to write your review of the Heldrich. We will be looking at items to start replacing in our guest rooms within the next few months. We value your opinion and look forward to you coming back to the Heldrich in the near future.
Sussex, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2012

For the price I thought you would get a better decor and complimentary breakfast. Stayed here for a wedding (on a Saturday). The staff at check in seemed very busy at the time but it took about 30 minutes with only 2 people in front of me. Had to get ready for a wedding in my room so I was impatient already. When Checking out the next day valet service(mandatory $25-?) literally took 40 minutes. I do realize new brunswick is hard to find overnight parking but I felt the price was too steep for the such slow service.
The entrees at the wedding were just horrible. Other than the cocktail hour (great variety, delicious) the entrees were very dry and just not edible. My friend order the flounder and got a complete different fish, no flavor whatsoever. I order filet mignon, was given a butter knife, couldn't/wouldn't eat it. Rubbery and tasteless.
The Heldrich does allow dogs for an extra fee. Unfortunately the room next to us had a dog barking for hours everytime it heard our TV/Music. So if you're going to relax be sure you try to request a floor that doesn't allow pets (Not sure if they offer that, they should).
In summary, Hotel was very clean but service and food was blah. If planning a wedding TRY THE ENTREES FIRST. Service @Cocktail Hour/bartenders were great but this was really the most satisfying part of my stay, which only lasted an hour.
Bring plenty of patience with you to the Heldrich, you will be waiting on something..

Room Tip: If you want to relax, try requesting a floor that doesn't allow pets.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Victor_R_08901, Manager at The Heldrich Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, March 28, 2012
I want to thank you for taking the time to write to us about your recent visit with us. I apologize we fell short of both of our expectations. It was well below the standards we have set for ourselves. I will be discusiing your check in time with my Front Office Manager, I apologize for the 30 minutes you had to wait..

I will also be speaking with our F&B team about your experience during the wedding. As for Valet I apologize for the long wait and have informed them of your wait time. This issue is being addressed. The City of New Brunswick has no options for parking other than Self Parking, Valet or free parking on the street after 4:30pm.

North Brunswick
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2012

I stayed in this room on August 6, 2011. Fast check in and check out. Room was very clean. I think it was modern. I have always wanted to stay there. I do think it's a little pricey for the hotel. I have stayed in hotels that are 84.00 and decor was better.

• Stayed August 2011
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Victor_R_08901, Manager at The Heldrich Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, February 29, 2012
On behalf of The Heldrich I would to thank you for taking the time to write to us about your visit. I will review your comments with the staff. All of us at the Heldrich look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near New Brunswick
Holiday Inn Express Tower Center
Holiday Inn Express Tower Center
#1 of 7 in East Brunswick
Staybridge Suites North Brunswick

Been to The Heldrich Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!