“Frequent Catering.”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Sussex, New Jersey
“Frequent Catering.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2012

This is my business's favorite place to get lunch from. The Salad has a nice vinegary dressing, tons of fresh veggies. The hummus is very tasty. The chicken and the falafel are sooo delicious. Everytime they come to our office they are very punctual (early sometimes) and they set up the kitchen very nicely with a basic tablecloth/plates/silverware and all. We usually call at 10am and food for 20 is delivered by 12:00. Our office is only about 10 minutes away. Great service, Great value. Never went to the actual restaurant, will someday soon!

• Visited January 2012

Piscataway, New Jersey
“Best Turkish food in New Jersey”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2010

My wife and I eat at this restaurant all the time and always marvel how good the food is. We eat out a lot in Manhattan and I think that Efes is easily as good or better than any of the Turkish restaurants in the city, at much more reasonable prices. Their food is fresh, well-made, and authentic. They have a great cold appetizer mixed hor d'oeurves plate that has the freshest humus, babaganush, eggplant, tabboule (tabuli), and spinach, many of which appear to be home-made. They have the standard Middle Eastern dishes with doner giros, lamb, beef, shish-kababs, chicken, fish, and salads. For example, the large hor d'oeurves ($15,95) and large mixed grill ($15,95) together with a pile of pita bread will satisfy 2 hungry people. They have Turkish coffee and excellent baclava. Service is excellent. It is very informal.

5 Thank WiseYou
Piscataway, New Jersey
“Fabulous, home-made, healthy middle Eastern food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2010

I've been eating in this place since it opened. Family-owned, it is a gem I go back to every time I don't have time to cook. The eggplant dishes are finger-lickers, the bean salad is amazing. I somehow wind up getting a large grilled chicken platter--it's really dark meat shish kebab--with lots of white sauce. Go! You won't be disappointed by food, cleanliness or quality. YUM!

2 Thank lonelybaker
Perth Amboy, New Jersey
“Wanted something different and we got it!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2009

My husband and I had just finished moving my brother in for his last semester and were famished, but weren't in the mood for our other two Easton Ave favorites. Remembering that my brother said that he does like Efe's, we went in to check out the menu.

For the appetizer, we had the fried liver, which was surprisingly awesome. The live is cubed, then deep fried. It is served with chopped cilantro/parsley and red onion, with lemon wedges to squeeze. You stuff the liver and veggies in a pita and it's just so satisfyingly good!

My husband also had a chicken gyro sandwich (good for what it was but not spectacular). I had the Adana kebab (small entree)and it was out of this world. The ground lamb was perfectly spiced and the red sauce had a heat to it. It was served over rice and came with a salad.

For dessert we had sobiyet. It was heavenly.

We definitely will return! I am giving them 4 stars because of the service. Not that it was bad or lacking, but our food took a bit of time to come out. Maybe because they do so much more takeout service, they focus less on the eat-in part? If the food could come out faster we'd be happy, but then again good food takes time, and it was well worth it...fresh and tasty!

1 Thank everfair
Indiana, Pennsylvania
“Good, inexpensive dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2008

My wife and I ate a late dinner here after arriving to our hotel in Edison, NJ. I found Efes after doing some research for local places to eat on-line.

Efes is located near the Rutgers campus. It is a small (about 12 tables) restaurant that does a large take out business judging by the amount of take out I observed while eating there.

My wife and I shared an order humus. We enjoyed it but I thought that it would be a bit better if there was just a bit less garlic. My wife thought that it needed a bit more lemon.

She ordered a falafel sandwich with pita. (They were out of wraps by 9:00pm.) She really enjoyed it. The falafel balls had lots of chopped parsley which she said gave the falafel a nice fresh taste.

I had a small order of adana kebab. (A small order is one skewer of meat, a large is two skewers of meat.) Adana is ground lamb flavored with red pepper and paprika. I really like it. It was spicy with a hotness that grew in my mouth as I ate but was never overwhelming. The dinner came with a small lettuce salad, dressing on the side, and a choice of rice or fries. I would definitely order this again.

The service was slow but the food was worth it. The woman waiting on us had an attitude of indifference, but she was not rude.

We are in the area for 4 more days and will definitely consider eating here again.

1 Thank Lamp56